Sign in to follow this  
rookie

Standard Tyre Size - e46 330i 17"

Heya,

I have 00' e46 sedan with what i have been told are '330i' alloys on it. The vechile requires new tyres on the rear and currently has 205/50/17 michellins on it (mind the spelling).

Is this the correct size, and if not what is?

THe reason i was querying it was that the manual doesnt list this as being a tyre size for a 17' rim so thought i would check

Thanks in advance

Rick.

should be 225/45-17" on a 8" wide alloy

We need to know the width too mate.

For a 17" wheel you should be running a 45 profile. 7 inch wide 205, 7.5 inch 215, 8 inch 225, etc

However I do understand that that is a correct tyre size for E46's though. I would personally run 215/45/17.

Hi Rick

Welcome to the forums. A 205/50/17 was an optioned tyre on some of the lower spec e46's. We have come across a few but it is quite rare.

You should be running a 225/45/17 on your 330i. If the wheels are staggered motorsport wheels then it should be a 245/40/17 on the rear.

Where are you located? I am sure we can hook you up with some new treads ;)

Hi Rick

Welcome to the forums. A 205/50/17 was an optioned tyre on some of the lower spec e46's. We have come across a few but it is quite rare.

You should be running a 225/45/17 on your 330i. If the wheels are staggered motorsport wheels then it should be a 245/40/17 on the rear.

Where are you located? I am sure we can hook you up with some new treads ;)

Thanks for the replies.

I am unsure of the width of the wheel without pulling them off. The vehicle is a 00' 320i but has 330i wheels on it.

I guess the query primarily relates to the cost of the tyre. A 205/50 is quite a bit more expensive than a 205/45 and wondered whether the tyre on it was incorrect in the first place bearing in mind these came on the car when purchased.

I have attached a link which shows you the type of alloy, maybe you will know from experience what width this is? Unfortunatley im sitting at work and cant find out till tomorrow and i need the tyres before ohakune Mardi Gras =P.

Link to wheels... http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2252/254027...49b5317.jpg?v=0

http://www.wheelcollision.com/4thimg/59343-w.jpg

EDIT from the last link... they look to be. "17x7"...

So i guess the question is... It is running 205/50's, but are they a standard size and if not, what should i be running. Bearing in mind i do not want to affect my speedo and get caught for a speeding ticket! =P

Thanks... any help is greatly appreciated :)