Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

Wing mirror lens swap?

Wondering if this is possible, i have a wing mirror where whatever the motor attaches to to adjust is broken so the lens just flops around, and i have a spare where the lens is smashed but the adjustment works.

Any way to swap the lens? iv tried careful and not so careful application of a strong heat gun, to no avail...

Thanks

Yip.

On the underside of the wing mirror is a small hole with a wheel with teeth inside. Get a narrow flat head screwdriver and try and turn the wheel clockwise so the mirror unclips out of the holder. Be careful refiting the mirror and then turning the wheel back so it clips in, make sure it is locked in properly before driving with it mounted. Ask me how I know.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Brams

Cheers man, helped heaps, didnt know you could do that. I ended up having to switch the entire mechanism as well, but the wing mirrors just slowly ground to a halt and wont work now for some reason...no clue why, neither of them work now though haha...