Sign in to follow this  
Guest BimmerzE36

A Bodykit / Gray Bumper question...

Guest BimmerzE36

Posted Image

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-294409864.htm

I stumbled across this car on trademe, its paintjob looks a bit hideous to me but then again each to their own..

My car is of 1993 IS and has that infamous "GRAY BUMPER"; Bottom of the bumper has the BMW primer or color

protective coat or whatever..that makes the car look cheap. I hate it..

I was thinking of painting it black like this guy on the picture above, but then again my bumper does have some damage to it. I was thinking to replace it with a 325i bumper( Do they even fit ?)

So should I go for a black paint job at my garage ( I know I cant color code to match it) Or Should I go buy a color coded front bumper without the gray part or is it worth for me to spend the money on a Mtec kit?

Cheers

Edited by BimmerzE36

Why can't you colour code it? Any good paintshop will be able to do that for you.

Is it the whole bumber or just the bottom 2 inches!?

The grey bumper can be matched with supercheap engine metal grey (trust me) and it comes up much much shinier and kind of metalic. I was going to get my bumpers colour matched with my car but after doing this realised it looked good...so strippped the bumpers down, prepped the area, sprayed and c coated.

Guest BimmerzE36

Why can't you colour code it? Any good paintshop will be able to do that for you.

Because the bumper has some damage to it from some idiot going reverse out of her parking spot. So I'll need to sort that with fiberglass / bondo first, and even then Im not sure paying about $100 for a color coded paintjob from a shop for those 2 Inches would be worth it ?

Is it the whole bumber or just the bottom 2 inches!?

The grey bumper can be matched with supercheap engine metal grey (trust me) and it comes up much much shinier and kind of metalic. I was going to get my bumpers colour matched with my car but after doing this realised it looked good...so strippped the bumpers down, prepped the area, sprayed and c coated.

Yea Mate, its those bottom 2 or 3 inches... Give me a picture if you can? Want to see what Im getting myself into aye... then I might not have to spent my $450 on a fiberglass knockoff Mtec bumper... what do you reckon?