Sign in to follow this  
Guest BimmerzE36

E36 Oil Temp Filter Sandwitch Plate / Adaptar

Guest BimmerzE36

I am trying to find a sandwich plate adapter that'd sit between my e36's filter , housing and the cap or such. I'm in the process of finish installing some gauges I did last month, and I need the oil temp gauge sorted.

The sender unit has to be mounted, but I just cant find the proper solution or the proper sandwich plate, (being that regular ones wont work since our cars have oil filter is inside the engine bay)

Anyone got a solution to resolve this ? :unsure:

For those who are not aware of the filter housing, its next to your engine actually

Posted Image

You would have to remove the oil filter remote housing drill and tap the correct thread in an appropriate place in the housing on the feed side to the oil filter. M52 housings have provision for this. I'd have to check M42/M44 housings to check if there is provision.. but I'm pretty sure there isn't.

Guest BimmerzE36

Where did you get that :), Custom engineered? Now I think that would work just fine wont it ?

Guest BimmerzE36

You would have to remove the oil filter remote housing drill and tap the correct thread in an appropriate place in the housing on the feed side to the oil filter. M52 housings have provision for this. I'd have to check M42/M44 housings to check if there is provision.. but I'm pretty sure there isn't.

Hey mate, I would drill a hole on the top cap(not sure if that's even right, is it?) but then again if I can go with out making any holes and just a sandwich plate does my trick then life would be much easier... what do you reckon?