Sign in to follow this  
sxctme

e34 525i electrical gremlins

Hey wondering if anyone can help me

I have a e34 525i m20 the other day the windows starting playing up not going up after hitting the button harder it finally went up n worked fine again, The next day they all started playing up, next the wipers stopped working on int but work on high, next the central locking stopped working and they all day all three intermittantly working n stopping, i researched it on the net and came to the conclusion it was the fuseable link so i bypassed them now the locks work fine the windows go down fine but when they go up they go up a inch at a time and same with the wipers move inch by inch, also the console lights on the windows switchs intermittantly start flashing.

Does anyone have any ideas? is there a module that controls all three of these functions or a relay or somthing? it has met beat,

bring it around to work , can have a quick look if you like

bring it around to work , can have a quick look if you like

Cool thanks I live in puke and work in grey lynn so getting to you during the week is a bit tricky, Will you be there saturday?

Cheers

Cool thanks I live in puke and work in grey lynn so getting to you during the week is a bit tricky, Will you be there saturday?

Cheers

yes open sat 9am-1pm (ish)

Ok so i replaced the GM module all is working ok, But now my central locking has gone from going nuts with the old module to all four doors being jammed open i cant even force them down key doesnt work at all tried a sycronise thing i read about, no joy with that Any ideas?? ive checked the fuses under the bonnet and around the module all seem ok . Could the constant going up and down burnt out the motors or somthing? just weird that all 4 would be seized unlocked? any help muchly appreciated as it is not good knowing your car is parked in town unlocked :( ive resorted to taking the coil lead with me