Sign in to follow this  
joemcc

New e30 Owner

Hi there, I recently got hold of a fairly tidy South African 1990 325i. (auto unfortunately) I bought it without seeing it which was a bit stupid, the body and interior are pretty tidy but I ended up having to replace the radiator, water pump, cambelt and a couple of other things as soon as I got it. It has 172xxx k's on the clock. Should be sweet to go for a while now though touch wood!

Check out the last photo.. in the last pic it appears one of the previous owners must have put an Exhaust Temp light in the dash? It dosent look standard.. Also does anyone know what the dial to very right is? It looks like a balance for the speakers but it doesnt appear to do anything.

Pics:

post-5664-1279143621.jpg

post-5664-1279143641.jpg

post-5664-1279143653.jpg

post-5664-1279143664.jpg

post-5664-1279143713.jpg

Welcome to BS, looks like a very tidy SA325i!

The Exhaust Temp indicator is normal in SA cars, although you usually see it as a warning light in the instrument cluster. And yes, the dial is a balance control for the speakers, but since you have a modern headunit installed this has probably been bypassed.

Ahh I see. Cheers for that. wouldnt go as far as to say its a modern head unit!! Also has a CD changer in the boot, but its a Sony one so I guess its not factory.

Guest Simon*

The factory headunits were quite often paired with Sony changers across a range of models so it in fact might be

^^^^^^^^^ +1 esp an SA one.

Welcome mate-looks tidy-nice engine bay(one of my things).

FYI SA versions have a few different bits like

Long range fuel tank

Sumpguard(if its still on it)-bloody gd to have if you intend lowering it

Cruise control

Leather sports(obviously)

The exhaust temp thing which is useless & ugly

May or may not have abs-none of mine do.

If you are thinking of any mods the manual conversion is by far the one that makes the biggest difference-totally different car in manual-lighten flywheel/short shifter/maybe some headers & ur humming :D

^^^^^^^^^ +1 esp an SA one.

Welcome mate-looks tidy-nice engine bay(one of my things).

FYI SA versions have a few different bits like

Long range fuel tank

Sumpguard(if its still on it)-bloody gd to have if you intend lowering it

Cruise control

Leather sports(obviously)

The exhaust temp thing which is useless & ugly

May or may not have abs-none of mine do.

If you are thinking of any mods the manual conversion is by far the one that makes the biggest difference-totally different car in manual-lighten flywheel/short shifter/maybe some headers & ur humming :D

Yeah the Exhaust Temp thing looks rubbish, I thought it must have been a backyard job with Jaycar parts. Would love to do a manual conversion but I doubt I will ever get round to it, maybe some headers though, I really just want some 15" weaves and to lower it a little bit to suit short term, and maybe darken the chrome window trim.

Oh and I need to swap out the rusty pea shooter of a tail pipe too!! <_<

post-5664-1279514879.jpg