Sign in to follow this  
Pacamacs

New and need to ask the experts

Hi Guys, Have bought myself e39 2003 540i Msport, import from Japan. have a few questions that you may be able to direct me to a thread or link without starting all new topics.

Nav system has DVD and HDD in boot, is made by Kenwood no CD can it or cant it be made to work here in NZ?

Alarm system, does it have one being ex Japan as can not seem to make any of it work if it has.

Has phone option, can it be upgraded to new bluetooth?

Ipod whats the best system for be able to use M F wheel

Hi and welcome. Nice car...

Jochen is probably the man to ask.

Hi Guys, Have bought myself e39 2003 540i Msport, import from Japan. have a few questions that you may be able to direct me to a thread or link without starting all new topics.

Nav system has DVD and HDD in boot, is made by Kenwood no CD can it or cant it be made to work here in NZ?

Alarm system, does it have one being ex Japan as can not seem to make any of it work if it has.

Has phone option, can it be upgraded to new bluetooth?

Ipod whats the best system for be able to use M F wheel

Hi Ian, welcome

Kenwood nav unit? Not factory fit unit?

Factory fitted Jap nav unit is Alpine. This can be converted - I have done heaps

Can do Jap phone to Euro Bluetooth conversion - I have done one - at a cost though:-

Ipod - a couple of options

PM me for rundown

Hi Ian, welcome

Kenwood nav unit? Not factory fit unit?

Factory fitted Jap nav unit is Alpine. This can be converted - I have done heaps

Can do Jap phone to Euro Bluetooth conversion - I have done one - at a cost though:-

Ipod - a couple of options

PM me for rundown

Thanks Grant

Have attached some shots, I cannot see a brand on the DVD, the module next to it is an Alpine. The HDD is Kenwood HDZ2570its, it has a SD card slot. Also some screen shots if this is any help.

sorry could not work out how to attach to a PM

post-5977-1279525552.jpg

post-5977-1279525595.jpg

post-5977-1279525622.jpg

post-5977-1279525647.jpg

post-5977-1279525673.jpg

post-5977-1279525703.jpg

post-5977-1279525784.jpg

post-5977-1279525803.jpg

Ian,

The DVD nav unit in the enclosure is the factory Jap Alpine unit - Take out & chuck over your shoulder & fit retrofit replacement to get nav running. Done heaps.

Kenwood unit - not OE fitted - not sure exactly what its there for either - maybe it's been integrated into the car via video module:-.

Hook on user name to get send message option - I will to you.