Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

BMW Clone GT1 Discussions allowed?

Okay, I thought I would put this up here first given that only registered members can access off-topic discussions.

But are clone GT1 discussions allowed on bimmersport?

I've been doing a whole host of reading on this recently and have a fairly good grasp of what's available out there in terms of OEM level diagnostics and coding.

I am also in possession of a DIS v57 and SSS v32 GT1 that I've had a bit of time toying around.

I am also in the process of building two other systems, one with DIS v44 and one on IBM T30 system with DIS v57 and SSSv34.

I've run into some issues at the moment with the v44 system (a connection issue) and have really run out of sources in order to find a solution.

To the mods: So just wondering if discussions and questions relating to cloned GT1s are allowed on here?

I've actually been thinking about writing a full comprehensive guide on it (without actual links to where to find the files ect) ... but generally a how to guide on making this work. (I know a lot of it is already available on the net if you really look for it, but most are only parts of the bigger picture, rather than a full comprehensive guide.)

Edited by M3_Power

Okay, I thought I would put this up here first given that only registered members can access off-topic discussions.

But are clone GT1 discussions allowed on bimmersport?

I've been doing a whole host of readings on this recently and have a fairly good grasp of what's available out there in terms of OEM level diagnostics.

I am also in possession of a DIS v57 and SSS v32 GT1 that I've had a bit of time toying around.

I am also in the process of building two other systems, one with DIS v44 and and IBM T30 system with DIS v57 and SSSv34.

I've run into some issues at the moment with the v44 system (a connection issue) and have really run out of sources to find a solution.

To the mods: So just wondering if discussions and questions relating to cloned GT1s are allowed on here?

I've actually been thinking about writing a full comprehensive guide on it (without actual links to where to find the files ect) ... but generally a how to guide on making this work.

I would be interested ;)

Interested what the mods have to say!? have been doing some reading on the net and wondered why i have not seen it brought up before!

I have had sss progman working via a virtual machine and carsoft box, Works ok , Plenty of places to look on the net with info about this.

Guest Simon*

I am not opposed to the discussion of it

Final veto power goes to admin on this one. Buck ---> (passed) ;)

I have had sss progman working via a virtual machine and carsoft box, Works ok , Plenty of places to look on the net with info about this.

Haven't actually look at the SSS progman myself, but I do have a working version.

The problem with the info on the net is that it is all over the place, with different ideas and ways to get things working.

If we were allowed to discuss it then I suppose your input on the SSS would be most helpful to members - with the added warning that coding your control units = risks of bricking it.

I am not opposed to the discussion of it

Final veto power goes to admin on this one. Buck ---> (passed) ;)

lol :P

I will wait for final approval before I start any sort of discussion thread on the topic - any suggestions (if it is allowed) as to which subforum it should go in?

Edited by M3_Power

Guest Simon*

Tom - to get the buck passing moving a bit quicker I'd PM Josh if I were you. This is definitely his area :)

hehe .. Discussion around this is fine as long as no links to illegal software are posted.

hehe .. Discussion around this is fine as long as no links to illegal software are posted.

Roger that :P

So you want to go heavy weight. BMW ISTA/P and oracle jet achives I love this sh*t!

So what you wanna knows?

Had to take the bait lol :rolleyes:

interesting. what sort of variables can you change? Spark and fuel maps? what about Alpha N?

I'm real keen now!

This only interfaces modules in BMW editible values.

If you want to go the ECU route you need to go WinOLS / Gelato and dump the ECU ROM.

whats the discussion about ? clarification

Do you wanna talk about NCS Win or maybe E,system