Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Crazy Driving in Holiday Traffic

Meh see worse driving than that on a daily basis on Aucklands Motorways. They wern't exactly cutting people off and drifting around corners killing todlers.

Meh see worse driving than that on a daily basis on Aucklands Motorways. They wern't exactly cutting people off and drifting around corners killing todlers.

Yeah I always saw cars weaving in and out of traffic at 210 km/h (130mph) on Auckland's motorways <_<

I guess it is pretty safe, as all the other traffic on the freeway knew to expect two cars to be racing up behind/beside them, at twice the speed of normal traffic and not to change lanes.

Yeah I always saw cars weaving in and out of traffic at 210 km/h (130mph) on Auckland's motorways <_<

I guess it is pretty safe, as all the other traffic on the freeway knew to expect two cars to be racing up behind/beside them, at twice the speed of normal traffic and not to change lanes.

It happens everywhere mate. Just these guys got caught. For a while there was a group of Asians here imitating Japanese Wangan racing. (Motorway racing). They were more likely to be sitting between 250-300kph. And quite often raced on Sat and Sun during the day out by the Bombay hills.

Silly man. What are the laws over there for breaking the speedlimit like that? Wouldn't the car be confiscated over here for the same thing? Piss you off being a 130k + car LOL!

My insurance broker has a S63 AMG and those things can absolutely dominate.

Edited by Clinton

Silly man. What are the laws over there for breaking the speedlimit like that? Wouldn't the car be confiscated over here for the same thing? Piss you off being a 130k + car LOL!

He got off very lightly (from the Sac Bee)

"Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans pleaded no contest Friday to reckless driving.

Evans, 20, was ordered to serve three years' informal probation and 80 hours of alternative sentencing, Sacramento County District Attorney Jan Scully said in a written announcement. His driver's license also was suspended for 30 days, and he was ordered to participate in two California Highway Patrol Start Smart Driving programs, educational programs targeting teenage drivers."

Very stupid but it's that same logic as anywhere in the world...young guys plus HUGE paychecks just means the same as anywhere...apart from the number of '0's on the ticket price of car.

if we look at the NFL's no 1 draft pick last year, he got a 6 year, 80 million dollar contract at 19...that's a few new Bugattis there to play around in ;)