Sign in to follow this  
E36ShoppingTrolley

Towers damaged my e30!

well my car got towed last night from town, by auckland towers, and i went to pick it up and was horrified to find the whole rear muffler had been removed/come off. i took photos and everything, but the bastards still made me pay $250 bucks to get my car back! i filed a complaint but the owner was arrogant, and i dont know how much good that will do. do i have any rights / anything i can do?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

here you go.

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/towaway...rivate-property

basically the tow companies are permitted to tow you but any damage that is incurred (and that can be proven was them) they are potentially liable for.

Edited by DRTE30

Get it fixed then send them a copy of the bill asking for payment of damages. Follow it up through the disputes tribunal if need be. Why did it get towed in the first place???

^no dont get it fixed yet, get it assesed and documented by your insurances asessor and get a written quote to fix 1st.

Edited by DRTE30

Get it fixed then send them a copy of the bill asking for payment of damages. Follow it up through the disputes tribunal if need be. Why did it get towed in the first place???

parked it in a place that i though was legal but obviously wasnt.

Bugger mate, I feel for you, I'd be shattered if someone towed my car. Quick question though, how do they get into modern cars that have alarms e.t.c. ?

They don't need to get into the car to tow it.

They can raise all 4 wheels and take it away