Sign in to follow this  
htra024

Brake warning light

Hi,

I changed rear break pads and sensor for my E46 328 Ci 2000 but the break waring light on my dash still on. I wonder how to reset the light?

Thanks

K

Edited by *Glenn*

Did you check the fronts as well ?... the front sensor may have been triggered. Some of the cars will only reset by doing a service reset with a scanner.

I have not checked yet however I have been told by BMWorkshop that front pads are not too low hence I think it does not affect to the front sensor at all.

Any chances the sensor triggle itself?

Thanks

K

From my understanding the brake sensors are not a trigger in the sense you may be thinking of. They are a piece of wire and when it breaks it creates the open circuit and this is what registers the fault.

From my understanding the brake sensors are not a trigger in the sense you may be thinking of. They are a piece of wire and when it breaks it creates the open circuit and this is what registers the fault.

Correct.. i used the words triggered as in turning the light on

The guy reseted my e46 service kms warning clock through the 20 pin connector by the reset tool. The clock now show 25,000kms couting down. Its great moreover, the reset also clear the break warning light at the same time too. So i think the break warning light need to be reseted after replacing the sensor.

The guy reseted my e46 service kms warning clock through the 20 pin connector by the reset tool. The clock now show 25,000kms couting down. Its great moreover, the reset also clear the break warning light at the same time too. So i think the break warning light need to be reseted after replacing the sensor.

What did I say ^^^^up there ?? :ph34r:

Break = to ruin something, when something fails or to divide something

Brake = a devise used to slow progress or decelerate.

If we are doing spell checks:

Brake = a device used to slow progress or decelerate.

Fixed :)