Sign in to follow this  
htra024

service kms reset

Hi,

My friend done service for my E46 328 CI 2000 but I wonder how to reset the service kms on the dash when turn the car on.

I follow the 2 methods below:

1: jump pin 7 and pin 19 on the 20 Data Link Connector for 3 seconds with key to position 2 but it did not reset the service clock.

2: push trip meter (left site of the cluster) and hold. Turn key to accessory (position 1) and wait for display to show either oil or inspection with kms on. Releasing the trip and press again. Hold until read "end". It did not work either. When I press the trip and turn key to position 1, it showed "test 1" for little while and then it did not show either oil or inspection with kms at all.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

K

I researched online and people said they have done it. Youtube also have tons of clips showing so. I wonder why I can not do it?

Thanks

K

I have read about it too, personally i would just buy a $50 reset box of TM then risk doing it wrong and damaging something! can't be that much to get an auto sparky to do it anyway, yeah?

No2 which Mr.K posted only works on American vehicles. R/H drive E46's you need a scanner

see Glenn , save the hassle

never bridge terminals, what happens if you accidently bridge the wrong one!

not worth the hassle

We are happy to help scan cars in the Wellington region , bimmersport members discounted and complimentary scans with repair

Edited by Jono51

you need a special car like mine that still has all the green service lights even though it's done more than 4000k since its last service. hahaha

Edited by beeeamer