Sign in to follow this  
johnm_oz

G'day From Oz

Just a quick hello/ intro from Hobart in Tasmania.

I'm a long term BMW owner (E21 323i, E30 325iMtech, skipped E36), was able to realise my long term desire last year and am the proud owner of a 2002 TiAg E46 M3 SMG. The only mod it's had since delivery are the 19" style 67's with PS2's the previous owner put on, and I intend to keep it that way, I'm not a fan of 'modding'

Posted Image

Car is a daily driver, but my daily drive is about 35Km total, 90% highway, so she'll stay low Km. Of course I'll enjoy the occasional track day with the local club, otherwise what's the point...

The rest of my stable? I've still got the E30, can't bear to part with it, daughter's got an E36 318i, company car is a 2010 Benz CLC 200K, replaced the V50 in the photo. Oh, my other money pit (apart from wife and kids) is a 40 year old classic wooden ketch.

So that's me.

Cheers

G'day, Mike

The more I drive the SMG the more I'm liking it. At the moment it's occasionally giving me a slow shift into 3rd at high revs, but the car hasn't been driven regularly for nearly 6 months as I've been recovering from surgery, so I'm hoping it'll get its act together. If not it'll probably be one of about three relatively minor things so I'm not particularly worried. As fas as improvement over the E36 SMG, I've never driven the E36 version so I've got no direct comparison, but from all I've read, the E36 one was as bad as the E46 SMGII is good.

Cheers

JM