Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

VIN Decoder

I've had a quick search to see if this hasn't already been answered but I'm wondering if you can find an online VIN number decoder. Yes I've found THIS thread located here but it's fairly limited in terms of information such as options ordered from factory.

I have THIS car that I want to decode, it looks as if it has M package but not sure. Last 7 digits of the VIN number is: ND37913 or WBAVC96020ND37913

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone thats driven a E90 330d and E90 320d and if anyone can tell me what the differences between SE and ES models actually are?

Cheers for any help.

Edited by Clinton

On the SE and ES front, they drive the same. I've been in both. (Actually, I owned a SE+MSport) Its all about the included options. The ES is the "base" option spec generally along the lines of a business spec. So you have manual seats, rear only parking sensors etc..

SE includes the ES spec and adds in more like rain sensing wipers, sometimes iPod and Bluetooth, better trim, electric front seats, parking sensors front/rear etc. It changes model to model - but simply SE>ES

There is no full options online VIN decoder. When I was buying my M3, I tried everything online , but in the end emailed the dealer and they sent me back a full order spec.

As for the 330d and 320d. Well, I have driven both and the 320d is the best value. It gives you fairly monster performance for a 2.0L engine. Yes, the 330d is no doubt faster - but for general use I found the 320d actually quite surprising. Of course, do check whether the 320d is the fl or pfl. The fl has 15kw more.

I'm currently driving a loaner X1 2.0d which has the fl engine. It performs well and still gives 5.9l/100 driving around Auckland (I don't sit in traffic mind you)

Maybe this helps a bit....

ES

British/Irish designation for the entry-level equipment model

Only available for 316i, 318i, 320i, 318d and 320d cars

SE

British/Irish designation for a model with higher equipment levels

Adds the following options in Britain above ES spec:

249 - Multifunction steering wheel

540 - Cruise Control

507 - PDC Rear

534 - Automatic AC

563 - Interior lights package

431 - Interior rear-view mirror with anti-dazzle function

M-Sport

Adds the following features not otherwise available:

M-Sport Airo-dynamic kit

704 - M-Sport Suspension

710 - M-Sport Steering wheel

2MF - 193M or 2ME - 194M type rims

381 - Option for Le-Mans Blue paintwork

The M-Sport option is not available in North-America

British/Irish M-Sport models also have the SE equipment levels

My X5 is coming up to 100km and just either wanting to hold on to it till 120ish or flick it before it hits the 100km mark which for some reasons makes it less desirable to move. At first I didn't like the E90 at all, I thought the back looked like a squashed horse. That 330d is spec'd up highly but I realise you can get a brand new ES 320d for the same kind of money!

Visit this

Then at 65k new this one is quite cheap. Seems to have bluetooth and wheels added and looks pretty smart for a ES. I do think I'd suffer without the bells and whistles though.

Visit this

Then at 65k new this one is quite cheap. Seems to have bluetooth and wheels added and looks pretty smart for a ES. I do think I'd suffer without the bells and whistles though.

That looks like a nice buy. The e90 chassis benefits from 17+ wheels. That does have the basic es interior, which if you don't mind is still a nice place to be.

Yeah. It does sit nice with those wheels but think it might be a bit basic.

So jealous of you guys talking about purchasing these flash new things

So jealous of you guys talking about purchasing these flash new things

When I was your age mate (only 3 years ago ROFL) I was driving a CLK55 AMG and a mint low k Boxster that year. Yeah you think Boxster all you chumps but underneath the "hairdressers stigmata" they are actually a very exciting drive and to date I still haven't driven anything that handles as good & I've driven a M3 E46 and E60 M5, Toyota MR2 which I thought were pretty good IMO. At the time I was earning about $450 a week in the hand as a company rep, so I guess it's not how much you earn it's what you do with it? All of my higher end cars have had finance owing on them but very little as I prefer to use a bit of someone elses money!

Edited by Clinton