Sign in to follow this  
cheriehain

Dashboard Lights - 2000; 320i

My 2000, 320i Dashboard lights stopped working.

They flickered very briefly then just cut out. The speedo and rev counter and fuel guage etc ALL WORKS, however its just the lights.

The lights for the heater, controls etc are all fine as well its just the dashboard lights. Its making it a bit difficult to see my speed at at night! :o

Have checked all the fuses, they seem fine (incl the cluster lighting) but i'm at my wits end. Considering LED bulbs do not blow very often let alone all at the same time it leaves me very puzzled.

I apologise if this question has been asked, all postings similar refer to instrument cluster though and I cant see it being that.

Any help would be great!

THANKS!

post-6107-1282085514.jpg

Edited by cheriehain

Check your dimmer switch...you may have knocked or moved it

Check your dimmer switch...you may have knocked or moved it

Thanks for the suggestion but the dimmer switch still works (heater lights dim high/low etc when I use it)

Thanks for the suggestion but the dimmer switch still works (heater lights dim high/low etc when I use it)

Will need to be scanned then... where is your location ? might pay to update your profile with it... it does help

What will scanning do? Do you think it might be the computer?

Live in Hamilton.

LCM or guage cluster

Hey Glenn - wondering if it makes a difference -sorry I should have mentioned before - that all the warning lights and clock etc work its just the red back-light thats used when I turn the lights on which isn't working - therefore the dash isnt illuminated when its dark.

Does this make a difference to your earlier suggestions?

It really needs to be scanned before going any further with other checks. Does it have the original sterio fitted ? Has anything else been done to the car prior to this happening ?

No its had an aftermarket stereo - i've had it lowered and alarm fitted since I've had it - its always been fine then just cut out. How much will scanning cost do you know?