Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Grom Usb unit. (Now sold)

Edit : Fast or last guys this is now sold to one of our members.

Since I have put the Dynavin unit in I no longer need my grom usb unit.

Its a great unit just setup the folders and put your music on a usb stick and plug it in and you are good to go. This unit is a boot optioned one. This means you put it in your boot and just plug the cables into your cd changer plugs. Yes it does take away your cd changer unit but you can fit sh*t loads more on a usb stick than 6 cd's. It also displays full track info on your oem head unit. Please see this link for info about it and if it may suit your car. Select your year and make and it will let you know if this will work for you.

Only for you guys I am offering this at $150 for a week after that it goes on tardme.

>>Click for grom usb site<<

Please note i did not order the ipod cable when i purchased this if you want the ipod cable that plugs into it you will have to get that your self.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec

Wish I could swap this in for the boot changer in mine :mellow:

Buy a newer car and you could :P:lol:

Interested in purchasing as i was going to get the DICE unit - this could be another alternative. But the dice unit notes taht the text might not display on vehicles manufactured prior to a certain year, i.e. pre 01 etc.

Is that the same with Grom...? Like does the headunit need to be text capable? I know mine displays radio station text, but im certain that this is different to the CD or in this case, other text?

For ref, my car is a year 2000' 3 series?

Interested in purchasing as i was going to get the DICE unit - this could be another alternative. But the dice unit notes taht the text might not display on vehicles manufactured prior to a certain year, i.e. pre 01 etc.

Is that the same with Grom...? Like does the headunit need to be text capable? I know mine displays radio station text, but im certain that this is different to the CD or in this case, other text?

For ref, my car is a year 2000' 3 series?

If it can display radio text then it should be able to display the text info from the grom unit. According to their site if you put in your car's year and model it should work fine.

Would love one of these for my 328i so I can put the standard head unit back in, only listed for M3 of my year, not sure if it would work?

Would love one of these for my 328i so I can put the standard head unit back in, only listed for M3 of my year, not sure if it would work?

To be honest i doubt it would work on your car but then again i would have no idea sorry.