Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Flashing lights - techincal question

I've got a E53 facelift X5 - it confirms that the doors have locked when you press the button, but doesn't confirm with flashing indicators when you unlock the vehicle. When I'm loaded up to my arms with stuff and wanting to open the boot or doors I like to know that it's actually worked from the other side of the road for example.

While I'm here, I normally drive around with my park lights on (dunno why but I've always done this) is there any way of leaving them turned on and the car turning them off when I switch off the vehicle?

Also - Is it possible for the headlamps to stay on at night time when exiting the vehicle? There's a 5 year old 500,000km taxi that is just down the road from my shop and he can do this!

This isn't a big deal but if something can be done in the computer to make this happen I'd love to hear from you!

Edited by Clinton

To leave the headlamps on when exiting the car, just hit the high beam flash with the lights off. Its called follow me home lighting or something - my 330 does this. They stay on for 30 seconds or a minute or so.

As for the other bits, you might find Jochen's Navcoder is able to do some of it - most of it sounds like optional functionality that can be turned on and off (or get the dealer to do it next service). The park light thing you mention is really a daytime running lamp function and I am pretty sure he said that he could switch this funciton on via his software if you wanted. You won't be able to turn the park lights off with the key I don't think as they need to be available with the car turned off.

Legend ^^ never knew about the flicking high beam before exiting, works well. Cheers.