Sign in to follow this  
concreteman

Just bought a 2001 E38 735I

Hi all, been a member for a short while. Bought an E39 525I motorsport a few months back and just bought a 2001 E38 735I this week. Someone ran up the back on my Legnum VR4 last week on the Southern Motorway and wrote that off.

Really surprised that it does not have 3 shoulder belts in the back or easy to setup child restraint bolts! when they are sold as big family cars. See below for picture of my new car.

Now my wife want wheels like mine instead of the Motorsport ones. Not 100% sure what my wheels are, but i really like them. Are the wheels interchangable between E38 and E39?

Who would you reccomend in Auckland for tints?

Edited by concreteman

Also need a mirror glass for the passenger mirror - the chromatic has gone and has that sepia tone to it (except the top inch). Anyone got a cheap one?

Hello!

Wheels aren't interchangeable. E39 has a weird centre bore thats different from all the others, just to piss us off.

Anyone know what the wheels are on my car, want something very similar for my wifes e39 525.

anyone know of something secondhand - like the chrome finish more than the magnesium finish.

hate brake dust too lol.

post-5641-1282880770.jpg

Edited by concreteman

look a little like Koya wheels, maybe Jonno our forum sponsor can help identify.

Take it to Seth for the tints. Congrats on the purchase.

Sorry - who is Seth?

Ok also need a towbar - would prefer a detachable one, but would depend on price. Also prefer one the does not look falic symbol (cast one that looks like a penis)

Hey just noticed that the tyres have some fine cracks (perishing) between the tread.

Just a question - should that have passed a WOF?

I just bought the car - fresh import

It has low profiles 275 x 35 x 19's on the back

and 245 x 30 x 19's on the front

The tyres have quite a bit of tread on them - and i am sure they will not be cheap to replace. Just wondering if i should go back to the yard and demand they replace them.

Sorry - who is Seth?

Seth@Carfolie - He is one of our forum sponsors who offers forum members special prices for tints.

Have a look here.

Hey just noticed that the tyres have some fine cracks (perishing) between the tread.

Just a question - should that have passed a WOF?

I just bought the car - fresh import

It has low profiles 275 x 35 x 19's on the back

and 245 x 30 x 19's on the front

The tyres have quite a bit of tread on them - and i am sure they will not be cheap to replace. Just wondering if i should go back to the yard and demand they replace them.

The dealer may have bought those wheels 2nd hand and put them on to try and dress the car up a little. It looks like they have the wrong size tyres on them. Unfortunately I don't think you will have much luck with the car yard. Your car should have 245/40R19 on the front and 275/35R19 on the rear. I see from your pic that they are a completely different size, so you should look at the getting the correct sizes sooner rather than later.

Welcome along BTW... I also have a 735 (and in silver). Tyres are not overly expensive when you take into account the other costs usually associated with owning a 7 series. Let me know when you need tyres.

cheers

Johno

Edited by zenetti