Sign in to follow this  
sascha

e46 328i on Trademe

Visit My Website

Anyone know this car? Very cheap for an e46 328i manual, but high kms and no service history.

Im considering driving down to have a look, but wanted to know what people think first.

Looks pretty tidy for kms, but would definately need to have it checked out fully cause of the lack of service history.

Anything too look out for in particular? I know the e36's have issues with cooling systems, is that the same with the e46's?

Any help appreciated/ advice

Cheers

Edit: Is it possible to take the rego number to a BMW dealer and see if they have any service history for it?

Edited by sascha

gees, thats one of the highest kms 46 ive seen. would be worth getting a comprehensive inspection from somebody who has experience with bmws

Yeah i know aye, according to carjam it did 50,000 in the first year alone!

Roughly half the age of my e30 and nearly as many kms

Would you like some fries with that High km's burger? Highest I've seen - would have to get it checked out surely. Is that cheap? I couldn't spend that on a car with that mileage.

Posted Image

Would you like some fries with that High km's burger?

Posted Image

Haha

I dont know, It's not much more than an e36 328i of that mileage i would have thought..

But yeah it seems cheap as in comparison with lower km e46's (obviously), just gotta think about if its worth it, bearing in mind that repairs due to missed out maintenance could be real costly.

Any ideas on what its worth?

Agreed, I would stay well away from that many k's. But since its had three unique bidders and current bid is $5650 I guess the market has spoken...

Would've been a company car, sales reps get around.

Edited by Blackie

I would agree with those who say get it checked out thoroughly by an expert (aka Glenn or Ray). If it indeed checked out OK, I would have no issue buying it at that price.

High KM's are of little relevance nowadays if a car has been well maintained. When I first arrived here, I drove one of my parents-in-laws SAABs, this one had 380,000 miles on it and drove like a dream. It has been maintained from new by my father-in-law (a SAAB master tech). I guess my point is, that a good well maintained car will go for ever (figuratively).

Chances are if it has been a rep's vehicle it would have been properly maintained.