Sign in to follow this  
bmwNewbe

e46 auto locking problem

hi all when i first got my e46 the doors used to auto lock once you hit a certin speed,then i changed the radio to a bmw cd player,got the car on the road and the auto locks must have been disabled. never noticed to now as i used to drive the car but then i gave it to the wife to drive and would rather have the locks pop while shes in the car with the kids. checked it out and your supposed to be able to enable and disable it with the remote and the drivers lock, tryed that and it never worked, i know so much in the e46 is linked so i put the tape player back in and sill not working so basicly what im after is if any one has any sort of idea on this. cheers.

Central body control unit is faulty. The relays give problems inside them. There are some DIY's on it , however it may need replacing with a new one and recoding to the car and the driver options reset.

would that stop the electric mirrors working? everything else seams to be working ok as far as im aware anyway. if i stuck a spare one i had in could they be programed with the likes of carsoft etc.