Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Tail Lights Filled with Water - Replacement Time

Hi,

My taillights have been faulty for a while now but didn't have the cash to get some new ones. Im looking for some clear ones to match the rest of my car.

Seen these on trademe:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-315009871.htm

are these any good replacements? has anyone had problems with leaks with these ones?

If you are looking for cheap option, wht don't you take your factory ones out and run a bead of silicon along the top to stop the leaks, or perhaps BMW sell just the foam seal separately ?

If you are looking for cheap option, wht don't you take your factory ones out and run a bead of silicon along the top to stop the leaks, or perhaps BMW sell just the foam seal separately ?

Oh forgot to mention the other problem, is that i broke one of the connections the other week trying to remove some of the water, basically when i removed the bulb the wire connecter broke although im not getting any taillight failure warnings on the obc. think i may fail my wof cause of this.

Edited by Brenton

Im sure you could get a good second hand pair from Brent/Ray. At least you know the quality will be up to scratch. Seal around with silicone for good measure and install :D

Doesnt help the connection problem, but I once had tail lights that filled up with water, just drilled a small hole in the bottom so it could drain out.

Good temp fix till you get new ones anyway

Hi,

My taillights have been faulty for a while now but didn't have the cash to get some new ones. Im looking for some clear ones to match the rest of my car.

Seen these on trademe:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-315009871.htm

are these any good replacements? has anyone had problems with leaks with these ones?

I got clears from these people for my E36 coupe. They are good, but not quite as good as originals; Eurolight actually get them from an Aussie outfit called Carwear (www.carwear.com.au). They are delivered direct from Carwear to you - not via Eurolight. Have not had any water egress problems with these.

Edited by bikerchris