Sign in to follow this  
briancol

Meguires NXT Tech wax

I have just polished C0SM0S with this new Meguires (well nearly new) polish and it is fabulous.

It goes on and polishes off easily, doesn't cause problems removing it from the seams, and the finish is incredible.

It looks like it is wet without the beading, and the colour intensity is enhanced quite a bit.

The price is a bit OTT. I paid $52.00 for the pack which included a sponge applicater, but in saying that, I should get about 6 applications from the bottle.

Re price. I know I brought it from Repco, but it was $2 dearer at Supercheap, then after talking to a friend who works at Mitre 10, I found out it's about $38 there.

I could post pics, but it's raining outside and I don't want to get it wet just yet.

Edited by C0SM0S

I've used it - I'm a fan. Its so easy to apply and remove I felt lazy doing it...

i use that also and the ultimate quick detailer is awsome for in between washes.

i use that also and the ultimate quick detailer is awsome for in between washes.

Have you used the spray for that?

yep ive got both types

Next generation spray? The ultimate detailer is better IMHO, the black bottle with the holographic label. If your using Meguires that is ;)

Nice to hear some feedback Brian, it’s not a bad wax, would be interested to hear how you find it over time, I currently use a sealer and glaze and then a carnauba wax over the top for shine but find the natural carnauba type waxes lack longevity and are sensitive to chemicals used in car wash and window light sprayers meaning I have to apply a new coat every few weeks.

Would like to find a product that will give four weeks of protection.

Can’t wait for summer, maintenance through winter is a killer <_<

next generation spray is ok for that guick shine but the hand applicator type is far beter , i think its a sealer though so as far as im awear you need to use a cleaner then a hand glaze first

Yea it’s technically not a wax it’s a synthetic glaze, and is designed to lock in and emphasise what is going on underneath, it won’t correct or bring anything back from the dead, luckily Brians car has a very nice well looked after paint job so it will look good.

Was perving at your car on the weekend Kerry and it looks great, quick detailers are good but I recon the best in-between product is Mothers Reflections Range Quick Wax, it’s a proper liquefied sprayable wax and is lush to work with, keeps hard core beading for yonks.

Yea it’s technically not a wax it’s a synthetic glaze, and is designed to lock in and emphasise what is going on underneath, it won’t correct or bring anything back from the dead, luckily Brians car has a very nice well looked after paint job so it will look good.

Was perving at your car on the weekend Kerry and it looks great, quick detailers are good but I recon the best in-between product is Mothers Reflections Range Quick Wax, it’s a proper liquefied sprayable wax and is lush to work with, keeps hard core beading for yonks.

The beauty of my car is the colour. Black just looks soooooo much better than any other colour once it's polished.

ahh i see il try that next time, and cheers i could have done with some of the detailer on saturday black is such a bitch to keep clean. your right there brian WHEN its clean its superb

Edited by kerry