Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Moving house and I having trouble getting up the steep driveway

Had a similar situation with the same type of driveway a few years ago, we ended up spraying the drive with bleach, 2 days later hosed it down then sprinkled cement around...worked a treat but needed to be done every few months as the cement wore down.

@Cliff - Don't think we can do that as it is a short-term rental property.

---

Yesterday I went to the house again, got up the driveway with the snow mode(?) + handbrake up a few clicks with a bit of wheel spin BUT it was sunny and in the afternoon. So I suppose ideal conditions.. but despite this, I also managed to slide a bit on the way down and had to back up a bit to get right around. Photos will come today.

Are there any sorts of products I could lay on the driveway like a rubber based mat with a difference surface on top or am I going to have to try DIY something over the next weeks in which case:

What materials would help to gain tractions to the ground?

How would you suggest binding the mats to the ground?

I was also considering trying to just texture some of the tiles somehow.. or apply something to some of the tiles but I've got no idea what... any suggestions?

If its a rental, address the landlord and say you need some wet and forget for the driveway as its dangerous.

Either that or trade your car on a AWD.

This would get up with ease.... and is a nice car :mellow:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-313884922.htm

Edited by resident know it all

How about trying a moss and mildew cleaner and/or giving it a water blast before adding anything to it.

How about trying a moss and mildew cleaner and/or giving it a water blast before adding anything to it.

Yup, Dad's sorting some Wet n Forget today as I've got 2 exams (Last day of exams! :lol: ) except they finish at 4:30 haha. I'll also pick up the waterblaster from our storage shed on the way to school this morning.