Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

L-Jet Air Intake Elbow

I seem to have two of every single bit of a pre-facelift E30 except this bit, the plastic elbow that goes between the air-flow meter and the inlet manifold. Was sure I had one but the mess that is my garage seems to have eaten it.

Anyone got one going spare for cheap? Or can swap for pretty much any other piece of E30 plastic, or metal...

depending on weather its the right one your after i have one from the black car you can have.

Hey Oli, the black car is the 323i you got off Dave yeah? In which case, yes that would be the right one. Any chance you can post it up to me (I'll pm you the address) and I'll sort you out some cash at Manfield next time your up?

Done.

:D Top Trader would recommend to all A+++++

So Jon - that's the last bit to get the engine running?

Unfortunately not Grant - just a part I realised I don't have but do need! The re-built engine is all together and pretty much ready to go in but I have only just started taking the old one out and there are a few bits I need to swap over onto the new one - flywheel, alternator, etc.

The scary part is the electrics and the million vacuum hoses that the l-jets have got that aren't there on the Motronics. The moment of truth will be when I try to fire it up I guess.

Should be an interesting week-end, there is bound to be some stupid little part that I find I need but don't have...oh well fingers crossed.

Unfortunately not Grant - just a part I realised I don't have but do need! The re-built engine is all together and pretty much ready to go in but I have only just started taking the old one out and there are a few bits I need to swap over onto the new one - flywheel, alternator, etc.

The scary part is the electrics and the million vacuum hoses that the l-jets have got that aren't there on the Motronics. The moment of truth will be when I try to fire it up I guess.

Should be an interesting week-end, there is bound to be some stupid little part that I find I need but don't have...oh well fingers crossed.

Jon, give me a shout if you get stuck with electrics etc - obviously just been there/done that on mine.

There are a couple of variations with vacuum hose setups on Ljets too

Remember - 2 weeks to go - no pressure:-

Motronic is out, gearbox, flywheel, alternator, fan etc, all off ready to go onto L-jet motor in the morning.

I have been comparing the wiring and the hoses to see how I can get this all to work. There seems to be quite a lot of differences in the coolant pipes in particular and I have the Motronic version of the radiator and the header tank so it will be interesting to see what sort of a mix-up I end up with.

fun, fun, fun, .... not!

Yeah I know, 2 weeks and counting, tick tock, tick tock. Only just finished in the garage now, and that's because I am totally knackered and need to save some energy for tomorrow and hopefully, putting the L-jet in!

I:

- Kept the car & engine with Motronic cooling system

- Adapted the wanky slide air valve thingy into it ;)

- The round engine loom connector plug on the firewall (if you have also on the Ljet loom) will connect together - a few alterations of adding/subtracting wires for tacho, unloader relay etc but what are there do match

Edit - off to watch the Rugby

Edited by hotwire