Sign in to follow this  
BenEvans

Sound deadening

Hey guys

wasnt sure if i should have put this thread in the maintainance section but oh well

has anybody used this stuff before??

Link

is it any good?

seems like a pretty gud price and it seems there would be enough to do an e30 interior.

or are there any better/cheaper alternatives??

Cheers

After I had rust cut out of the floor of my car earlier this year, I took all of my sound deadening out because of rust etc underneath where it had bubbled. Havn't got round to it yet/can't decide what to do with the car but at this stage I am planning on putting some back in using this stuff:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-316547354.htm

Alot cheaper than what you have posted, seems to me it is similar bitumen material to the factory stuff.

I guess if you are putting in decent audio or something that would be more worth wile.

Edited by Brams

awsum, cheers for that. does look like good stuff, and cheaper :D

i took the carpet out of the motorsport today and have started removing the old stuff and have found quite a bit of rust with half a dozen small holes, all to be repaired over the next few weeks. so decided i may as well replace the sound deadening material with more modern stuff while im at it.

cheers again