Sign in to follow this  
$toffz

Running a 272 Cam

Morning Folks,

After a chat with Mr Hybrid on Friday, Ive been thinking (which doesnt usually happen and can be very dangerous).

While the head is off my touring, its was suggested its probably a good idea to look at cam etc.

If my cam etc is good I'll leave it alone, if not....

Would running something like the below, require more work to the rest of engine?

Would this just be a stupid idea for car that will only see the odd club day etc?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-315944830.htm

Cheers for the steer

running that cam wont require extra work to make it go. i am running this same cam in my racecar and imo its not lumpe enough, you get power around the 3k-4k mark. not high enough rpm for my racecar but perhaps good for yours as its a road car. but from my experience its not much different from the standard 325i cam. but i guess that depends on what you use it for and what your goal is.

Out of curiousity, why is the head off your touring?

Very small amount of water at valve 5 - hope I'm recalling this right.

Found this when I sent it in for tappet adjustment, mechanic has pulled everything off to check and thank goodness everything else is as it should be.

While the major components cam, rockers etc are in good nick, couple of other things have sprung up i.e. gasket for inlet manifold...i.e. there was none.

But will be running like a champ once all is fixed :)

Awesome .. should really be the part when done! :) -- The cams do make good difference, an old friend of mine use to have a 272 in his tech2 m325i. I defanitly pulled hard compared to mine (at the time) chipped m20 tech1 m325i. So they do make a good difference to standard.

That with a nice cold airbox, headers and nice flowing exhaust youll be loving it.