Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

How much to replace a number plate?

Hi guys

I have a standard number plate which is stuck on with 3M heavy duty mounting tape.

Dad has told me I have to put the backing frame and screw it back on because if it gets stolen or falls off (haha not likely) it costs like $300.00 to re-register the car or something but I always thought you could get new plates for far cheaper than that without going through the registration process.

Any light shed on this would be great.

Regards

T

new plates are feck all from memory? certainly not a re rego charge anyway lol someone will be able to shed light on a cost,

If you loose a plate that is not a personalised plate you have to get a new set of plates. $16.

You can not have the plate you lost replaced. Unless you purchase that plate as a personalised plate.

If it is lost or damaged you have to get an entire new set.

If you loose a plate that is not a personalised plate you have to get a new set of plates. $16.

You can not have the plate you lost replaced. Unless you purchase that plate as a personalised plate.

If it is lost or damaged you have to get an entire new set.

And it's a fresh import so you'd hope this didnt worry him aye haha

well I can tell you it aint going to fall off,

and very unlikely it'll get stolen because they'll be damn tough to get off

that tape is mega strong

my old plates took nearly an hour to get off (have euro plates now) and they had had the tape holding them on for about 18 months, had been through many washes (usually fortnightly) and lots of rain

I reckon it would be easier to steal if they were screwed on lol

Bought a new set last year after and off road excursion in my truck ended with a lost front plate, cost me $25 for brand new plates.

Yeah I know they aren't gonna fall off but Dad being Dad haha. When I took my plates off to put surrounds on 'em the plates bent and I had to straighten 'em back out so yeah, just clarifying so I can use it in my argument haha.

Cheers guys

Definitely not PostShop. But compliance centres like VTNZ and VINZ yes.

Yeah around $10-$20. Its funny how you pay $800 for a personalised plate, but only $10-$20 to get it remade. Bizzare