Sign in to follow this  
APT

Overseas Payments

Hey guys im awaiting to receive an overseas payment for something i sold to Australia. What is the best way to go about getting the payment safetly ? what have you used. ? T/T, Western Union, Paypal? i have never used Paypal before can someone please give me the run down on how safe and processes to use it. Have heard things like T/T can be reversed and Western Unions payments are untraceable.

Cheers Andrew

Seriously - I would go for Paypal, fees are cheaper & is a widely used & reputable site. I have recently had to use WU for a few transactions with one person - I find it a pain in the arse to use.

TT is also a pain for filling out details

Use paypal all the time Andrew, easy as, never had a problem, yet.

how do you actually get the monies with paypal.I have paid for a few things andsold a few things so have a few pounds in my paypal "Account",About 50 pounds i think

That was my next question how do you get the money from your account ? and what fees do you have to pay ?

That was my next question how do you get the money from your account ? and what fees do you have to pay ?

Fees - 3 -4% from memory

Will load to your credit card that you have loaded in your account I would imagine - reverse of paying

In your PayPal account, setup the seller section so you'll be linking up your NZ bank account details in your profile. Then when you want to withdraw the PayPal balance into your NZ bank account, let them know and they will TT it into your account. Depends on what currency in your PayPal account is holding, there is some conversion charge/fees involved to the tone of few percents.

To receive TT, you'll need to give the buyer your bAnk account number and your bank's swift code (ask your bank for this). I believe there are fees at both ends (I.e. to send and to receive), which in NZ is around $10

Edited by my_e36

Just received the money via paypal and linked it to my bank debit account, how long does it normally take to receive the payment into my BNZ account ?