Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Track day - Hampton Downs

Do you know if its BMWCC members only Graham?

could be a good day,should have the animal back on its feet by then. fingers crossed

Do you know if its BMWCC members only Graham?

...To answer my question, it is open to all. Just paid, can't wait!

I'd love to do a track day one day (once my warranty has expired) but I worry that a X5 will just be embarrasing or scarey on a track? I wonder if anyone does SUV track days...

I'm there. Just paid. Another mate of mine is coming too. Should be fine weather. I'll take the camera and post some pics...

I'd love to do a track day one day (once my warranty has expired) but I worry that a X5 will just be embarrasing or scarey on a track? I wonder if anyone does SUV track days...

Saw a Cayenne on the track at a Porsche day. Looked like a whole lot of fun, nice to push it too the limits I'm sure.

I've been in an X5 and even a 750i around Pukekohe - they held up better than you would expect. You are better to track the car WITH warranty than without!

Give it a go!

So gutted, going away this evening (Not even for a holiday <_<) so I couldn't go on the track day.

Have a blast, everyone!

I've been in an X5 and even a 750i around Pukekohe - they held up better than you would expect. You are better to track the car WITH warranty than without!

Give it a go!

I'm pretty sure the warranty would be null and void if they found out I had the car on a track :-)

i guess that would depend on what u tell them, plus i wouldnt think there would ba any way for them to tell

i did a "rider training" day on my bike last November at Hampton Downs, only a week after the final seal had been laid. It inevitably turned into an unofficial trackday! Quite an experience, and one i intend to repeat, but not everyone had such a great day . . .

One guy had arrived on a brand new Honda CBR1000R which he'd picked up from his local dealer the night before. With only 160km on the odometer, he binned it on the downhill hairpin and took out another rider in the process. The CBR was still rideable after liberal application of duct tape, but all fairing panels, mufflers, indicators gauges & seat etc were trashed. The kicker was that although he had insurance, he hadn't actually mentioned to them that he was doing a rider training event. I heard later through the grapevine that the bike (predictably) was a write-off, and that he had got a brand new replacement courtesy of insurance . . .

Cool I had an awesome day. I was easily the least powerful car there. To put it into perspective, the next slowest car after me would have been the VE SS or the new model impreza. Sorry no romantic E30 kill stories either, although I like to think I was quicker than the SS through the corners?

Cars of note include a fu raz 2002tii on its first time out - 12:1 CR m10 with twin webers and extractors, Mike Eadys E90 M3, the M3 CSL I see on here a bit, a seriously loud and pro looking red S2000, E34 M5, too many porshces to count, various fast japanese waaamPISH things... etc.

Photos to come, but for now:

Yep it was the same from inside! There was a another guy on another session taking videos from there who I put some sweet shows on for, I hope he comes on here.

Cool I had an awesome day. I was easily the least powerful car there. To put it into perspective, the next slowest car after me would have been the VE SS or the new model impreza. Sorry no romantic E30 kill stories either, although I like to think I was quicker than the SS through the corners?

Cars of note include a fu raz 2002tii on its first time out - 12:1 CR m10 with twin webers and extractors, Mike Eadys E90 M3, the M3 CSL I see on here a bit, a seriously loud and pro looking red S2000, E34 M5, too many porshces to count, various fast japanese waaamPISH things... etc.

Photos to come, but for now:

Yep, was a good day. I warped my front discs and had to shoot back into Auckland to get a new set which the track mechanics swapped over in 20 mins. Back on track for the afternoon session.

*happy*