Sign in to follow this  
master garion

how to detach throttle cable from TB?

Can someone tell me how to do this? Have tried google to no avail.

I've got a "sticky" accelerator pedal and I think it's the cable, so want to spray some lube down the cable from the TB end.

Car's an E36 with M52

Cheers

Open the throttle by hand at the throttle body. Remove the retaining clip off the cable and remove the inner cable end from the fulcrum. Then pull the outer cable through the adjuster, pull back the adjuster and remove the grommet from the bracket (carefully) then you can remove the cable... I hope that makes sence.

Lubing it probably won't fix it though. It could also be sticking in the throttle body

Open the throttle by hand at the throttle body. Remove the retaining clip off the cable and remove the inner cable end from the fulcrum. Then pull the outer cable through the adjuster, pull back the adjuster and remove the grommet from the bracket (carefully) then you can remove the cable... I hope that makes sence.

Lubing it probably won't fix it though. It could also be sticking in the throttle body

Thanks Glenn, i'm gonna have a fiddle based on your instructions. Yeah lube is the last resort before I have the cable replaced.