Sign in to follow this  
simke

FS: Removable towbar

This may be a very silly question, but how does it attach to the car? Don't you need another big hunk of steel that bolts up under the bumper and to the boot floor somehow? Also, what is weight rating on this?

You'll need to have a frame already installed on your car where you can plug this in.

Will post up weight ratings when I get home - don't have them here with me.

post-2949-1285796670.jpg

Edited by Simke

Why are you only selling the removable tongue & ball? It's not much use without the other bit.

Technically the weight ratings would only apply when the two parts are together, if used seperately they are not certified. Unlikely to be picked up on it, but you never know...

Well don't have the other bit anymore so... maybe there is someone out there who already has a frame and wants the tongue. Frame itself can be used for to attach number of things, like towbar, bike rack, etc.

For reference, when I was looking for one a while back I think Best Bars quoted me about $45 for the tongue alone (new)... Think you might be lucky to get what you are asking for it.

Ah fair enough, had no idea what it would be worth. I'll change the price

Give them a call and get a price for a new tongue.... You might also find that as they make the OEM towbars that the tongue fits other makes as well and you can widen your market :ph34r:

EDIT: "get a price for tongue" - WTF kind of forum is this??? :lol:

Edited by elmarco