Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Lighting Amendment 2011

PROPOSED LAND TRANSPORT RULE: VEHICLE LIGHTING AMENDMENT [2011]

This message is to advise that the yellow draft of Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Lighting Amendment [2011] (Rule 32005/5) has been released for public comment. This proposed amendment Rule will amend Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Lighting 2004 (the Vehicle Lighting Rule), which sets out the standards and safety requirements for lighting that is fitted to a vehicle, to allow the vehicle to be operated safely under all driving conditions.

The proposed amendment Rule will ensure that New Zealand’s requirements continue to reflect the needs of vehicle operators and are in line with current overseas standards and practice. The proposed amendment Rule will also accommodate the use of changing lighting technology, while ensuring that vehicles continue to be operated safely.

You are welcome to call the NZ Transport Agency Contact Centre on freephone 0800 699 000 to obtain a copy of the draft Rule. It will also be available, with supporting information, on the NZ Transport Agency website at www.nzta.govt.nz/consultation/vehicle-lighting-amendment-2011/.

We look forward to receiving your comments and, to help you, details on making a submission are included in the overview to the draft Rule. It would be appreciated if you could send your submission by email or using the on-line submission form provided, but postal submissions are also acceptable. Your interest and involvement in the Rule-making process is appreciated.

Please note the closing date for submissions, which is 5 November 2010.

the changes to lighting on trailers is long overdue

it's ridiculous that you can follow someone towing a trailer and have absolutely no idea what they are doing because you can't see their car's lights and their trailer doesn't require stop lights

Woah, I always assumed trailers NEEDED them if you couldn't see your vehicle brake lights...

some f**kwit cut off my old Falcon EA's trailer connector... so I'd only tow an empty trailer.

I think you only need them for trailers over a certain size

people load small trailers up far too much which ends up covering the backend of their car and they don't seem to care

that's when the 2 second rule becomes the 6 second rule lol

Agreed, I think it's only if you can't see the vehicle lights before the thing is loaded up, which is just stupid cos you have absolutely no idea whats going on.

But yay at the new law, will make things a lot easier :)