Sign in to follow this  
E30BMA

E34 Suspension options.

I am about to replace the shocks n springs on my 1990 e34 535 and want a bit of advice on brands/setups for my car.

It will be prodominantly used as a road car, but will be using it on the odd track day too so want something with good handling characteristics and a reasonable ride quality, above just all out performance on the track.

I dont see the point in a Coil over kit for it atm, but want a good quality setup. Ive looked at the H&R spring listings but only appears to lower the front 1.3" and the rear 0.75". Not sure this would quite be enough for me.

Maybe coil overs could be similar costs to a decent quality spring and shock package? Where would I be spending my money wisely and where would I be throwing it away I guess. Will no doubt end up re-bushing alot of worn susp. parts along the way.

Basically Im keen to know what people have in their E34s, experiences of what brands are good or not, maybe even a pic of your car with the setup to show ride height etc.

Cheers Guys.

Guest Simon*

I did originally have Kings superlows in mine - was quite a substantial drop too. You would have seen it like that, way back when.

Still on Bilstein shocks and the springs are now H&R V8 ones. Not as much drop but I like them and they're track proven.

i have had in the past , jamex with boge sport gt shocks in my grey 535i , was okish

then h&r with bilsteins in my black 535i , that went really well , but sat quite low and was harsh on pot holes etc .

also dobie (not as low ) with bilsteins not to bad in the alpina blue 535i

also have eibachs in the 540i sits quite nice

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i