Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

R6 Paint and Panel Advice (FINISHED!)

Hi guys,

I'm refurbishing a 2000 Yamaha R6 to look and sound like Rossi's Yamaha from this season. I need a custom job done on the tank and was wondering if anyone can recommend a panel shop in the auckland area capable of doing this cheaply?

Heres a pic of the colour scheme:

Posted Image

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

And heres how it turned out. Many thanks to John for painting the tank.

post-2821-1294458034.jpg

post-2821-1294458051.jpg

post-2821-1294458092.jpg

post-2821-1294458103.jpg

Edited by André3000

More info' on what you want done.

want a few little dents straightened out in the tank, then blue both sides with a white stripe down center of tank with white pin stripe. Also have a FIAT vinyl to put on before clear coat in the centre of white stripe. Hopefully pics give an idea of what i want done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's easy enough to do. $200 all up mate, however the problems may start to occur when it comes time to get the lines lined up from fairing to tank.

Let me know how you get on up there.

That's easy enough to do. $200 all up mate, however the problems may start to occur when it comes time to get the lines lined up from fairing to tank.

Let me know how you get on up there.

Sounds great! 200 is gonna be the best by far. Il send a few docs outlining dimensions etc just to make it easier for you.

Not worried about the lining up issue as the front fairings' white pin stripe spreads out further than the tank itself, and the seat fairing is just solid white. Also you'll probly need to colour match? I can send a useless piece of fairing for the blue but i dnt think its needed for the white, unless you think so?

If you can give me an address to send to and a bank acc number i will do that straight away along with the money. You can email me on aahudson@vodafone.co.nz which is prob easiest.

Cheers

Andrew

Sure il chuck up a few pics of what it looked like when bought, and a sexy half nude shot of her currently if your keen.

Just put on a shorty little titanium and carbon-fibre exhaust which i think looks tits!

Maybe put up a sound clip of it running once i get a new battery.

Heres a similar bike, dont have any pics from before as trademe listing has expired. It was in pretty sh*t condition.

Posted Image

Now heres some pictures of it almost complete

post-2821-1287717275.jpgpost-2821-1287717282.jpgpost-2821-1287717292.jpg

post-2821-1287717637.pngpost-2821-1287717307.jpg

All i've gotta do now is get the tank done, cheers John, and fit the front fairings and levers + a fluid service.

Also a pic of my bros 2003 cbr600rr with the 2010 playboy fairings (he selling it atm)

post-2821-1287717315.jpg

Looks great! Nice job. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

pics of the finished product up in original post