Sign in to follow this  
nipe

Brake disc question

Guys, need your help! I want to use e46 m3 brakes at the back, BUT e46 discs have the handbrake drum sticking out less than the e36 compact discs do, SOOO my big question is does anybody know of any discs that are 328mm and 20mm thick and have the handbrake hat sticking out the same way as the e36 compact does? Thanks:)

Kirill

z3 are too small, I found that z8 are same size and look like they might fit, but think it is highly unlikely I'll find them in NZ! :D

E39 M5 look similar too by the way, could anybody confirm that e39 m5 hat is same as compact? Any wreckers out there?

Have you looked at the option of changing the backing plate, handbrake shoes and wheel hub flange to fit either 328 or 330 rear rotors ?.. I havent done this but I'm sure there is an option

z3 are too small, I found that z8 are same size and look like they might fit, but think it is highly unlikely I'll find them in NZ! :D

Edit - Normal Z3 stuff isn't the same as Z3M but looks like the run the same stuff as E36M3 anyway so probably wont work sorry. Dont have listing for E39M5

Edited by Mike

Have you looked at the option of changing the backing plate, handbrake shoes and wheel hub flange to fit either 328 or 330 rear rotors ?.. I havent done this but I'm sure there is an option

The problem is i like the track width in the back as it is now and if i do what you said i will lose that width...:(

Try to get the specs for E34 540?

spacers? or find different offset wheels?

Not a big fan of spacers and it will be hard to swap all the wheels i have for different offset ones, i do have a limit on my budget hahaha