Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Bridgestone Potenza RE11

Anyone run these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-327840507.htm

I am looking for something ever so slightly more 'road focused' along with better wet performance that will still survive a cane or 12 on the track as an alternative to my current Toyo R888's.

Any help or opinions are appreciated.

Cheers

I have POTENZA ADRENALIN RE001's (not a semi obviously but same tyre family) on my v8 and e30.. I really like them

The 325i goes nuts now it's got a LSD with the RE001 tyres, you can give it heaps of sh*t and they grip really well IMO so i'd imagine the RE11 to be even better

Will still hook some 0's when youre feeling silly

im pretty sure mike from porirua euro runs these on his car, he said they were awsome when doing the port road sprints, have a chat to him about them, ive heard good things but havent used them myself.

I'm running Bridgestone Re-11s on my 350Z at the moment, awesome tyres, way way way better than Goodyear F1 GSD3s that I had previously. Very good on trackdays, dry traction is awesome, however wet traction was better with F1 GSD3s.

These are the top of range road tyres by Bridgestone and can been seen used on Best Motoring tests/touges.

I would definitely buy them again and recommend them! :lol:

^ Finally some useful advice.

Main concern is how fast they wear, anything out of the ordinary to report?

Cheers

They wear much less compared to the Eagle F1s on the track, I swear i've seen small chunks of Eagle F1 rubber being ripped off the grooves/tread after a few laps in the 350Z, The Re-11s has had 1 trackday at Hampton downs, and have held up really well, its a tougher compound and grips better.. I have 275-40-18s on my Z rears.

These Re-11s would be perfect for the summer months coming up in my opinion, only downside is the Price and availability with sizing... :lol:

Also, just checked my tyres, The specs on the side of tyre: Treadwear: 180 Traction: A 275/40/R18 99W rated.

Hope that helps. B)

as quoted from another forum I frequent....not my opinion I haven't used them, but from another high HP track fend.

"Apparently these will be 1 second a lap slower than a D03G or R888"

"Size: 265 35 18

Bridgestone RE-11 $470incl

Dunlop Z1 Speed Star $579 incl

Advan AD08 $600incl Estimated price (if Yoko NZ imported them)

Dunlop D03G $650-730incl depending on Dunlops mood!! L (and they only import HARD compound now so no use for time attack)

Bridgestone RE55S $718incl

Toyo R888 $527incl (almost bought these but they are no good as a street tire; ie softer than my D03G's)"

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=118 - tested in a bmw no less!!

Based on the feedback I will be seriously considering them when my Re101's are dead, it will save me have to cart and swap tyres between events.

Edited by M5V8

was developed using the stealth pattern technology that was developed for F1

I mean that's the entire selling point right there. You've seen a F1 car, they run bridgestones, they can do over 5g forces on the brakes and 4.5 in the corners! Don't know if the mileage would suit you though. I would be careful after the first 100ks cause I think with the E30's higher center of gravity you'd be looking at a serious end over end crash if you got on the brakes too hard.

(seriously: good price though. R888's are about 230ea with a good deal on price in that size)

Edited by Incary

^ rofl

I am going to try daily/weekend thrash/track thrash the R888's for now, cost me a fortune why not get some decent use out of them right?

Can I call my car a E30 CSL yet?

Edited by Brams

^ I will write Michelin on my sidewalls.

And rip the sunroof out this summer and carbon vinyl wrap it ;)

Cardboard boot floor coming

And Henry yours is a rice burner now so mines more CSL than yours ha

Edited by Brams

I think it's going to get a complete silvia suspension swap next year too. at least at the rear. poor car

and custom fit nissan hubs with direct fir R34 GTR wheels rotors and calipers ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHATTTHTTHTHTH

Or put it in a garage and stop wasting money on a car that can't be used for ANYTHING!?/ Except fulfilling peoples requirements for e30 onboard videos!??

That would be a walk home full of reflection and regret hahahaha