Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Installing E36 Angel Eyes Help

Hey, just a question, I've seen lots of different diy's on installing angel eyes. But i want to install mine on the outter lense so i've cut the silicon and removed the lense. now I im not sure how im supposed to fit them. Are they supposed to just sit in the headlight and then place the lense back over it without it sittin gflush and siliconing it back on or am i meant to stick it onto the actual lense? i have some pictures of what i mean.

Resizing Photos.

post-4775-1288312477.jpg

post-4775-1288312489.jpg

Edited by Brenton

Stick it to the circular lens with silicone or the double sided tape supplied.

Yeah, just glue them on pretty much, you will have a put of a job trying to get the lense back in as the angel eyes themselves are slightly wider but just be patient and they go in eventually. I had mine behind the lense for ages and it doesnt look as good so persever with putting them infront on the lense, just make sure you do a good tidy glue job or it will look yuck.

And don't forget to put in the "after" pictures, both with the lights on and off in the daytime, as well as night time. :)

Got em all sorted now, will post pictures when i take some tomorrow. They go alright for some cheap chinese ones

Hey everyone just tidying up the car before I take some decent photos, just wondering where what should i do with the inverter? some diy's i've seen show people putting it inside the headunit under the covers but mine doesn't fit so i was thinking of drillin holes in the cover and feeding the wires thru that and just sitting the inverters on things in the engine bay?

Hey everyone just tidying up the car before I take some decent photos, just wondering where what should i do with the inverter? some diy's i've seen show people putting it inside the headunit under the covers but mine doesn't fit so i was thinking of drillin holes in the cover and feeding the wires thru that and just sitting the inverters on things in the engine bay?

Yeh that should be fine, I did this with my old 325.

Just make sure to keep them as far away from heat as possible.