Sign in to follow this  
sam726

84 320i E30 Manual Do-er Up-er (Coupe) + Pics

Sorry guys accidently made a new topic instead of posting on my old one and now i cant get rid of it :S

Hey guys,

Just starting to see the market to help my mate sell off a 1984 bmw 320i e30. Not quite sure how much its worth but im sure some of you guys could give me an indication. Havn't got it listed anywhere else yet, bimmersport gets first dibs smile.gif

Ill start with the good:

- Wof & Rego

- Runs and Drives Fine

- 5 Speed Getrag

- Near new tyres

- Shocks and brakes are good

- Nearly complete car - parts wise

- about all the goods haha

- Only 160kms!

Bads

- Exterior has seen better days, has had a crash resulting in front driver quarter panel and bit of bumper damaged, no damage to suspension, wheel, engine or anything, so no trouble driving just visual damage

- Rest of body is sort of straight, paint is fairly bad (black) and has had rust repair in some places

- Sunroof is not working at the moment but he has re-routed the drains to where they wont cause rust

- Engine needs some tlc, its very loud and rumbly and has a loud ticker noise, feels a bit more gutless than it should and bad on petrol - might be on way out not sure.

- Interior is ok but not great, carpets, door cards and back seats are ok but dash is cracked and front seats both have tears in them.

I have been driving it around for last two days and it actually drives ok, gearbox is really good very smooth and engine does pick up ok but no race car smile.gif. Brakes seem to be quite good and steering is good aswell as suspension, so potentially it could be made into a fairly cheap daily driver. I was ideally wanting to part it out as i figured id get the most money for it that way, especially considering the manual gearbox but i just dont have the room.

Any comments, suggestions, offers smile.gif please post below. Dont ask a price as i simply dont know, feel free to pm me aswell if you like. I'll try and get some pictures up this evening.

Thanks guys,

Sam

Just some quick pictures of it, i will post more if anyone wants to see anything in particular :)

Note also that the interior seems to be missing lots of parts, well as far as i know my mate has all the parts not there centre console etc.. but just never put them back in after he stripped it down to check for rust. If anyone is interested ofcourse these would all come with the car.

post-5845-1288332367.jpg

post-5845-1288332380.jpg

post-5845-1288332393.jpg

post-5845-1288332405.jpg

post-5845-1288332417.jpg

post-5845-1288332434.jpg

post-5845-1288332447.jpg

post-5845-1288332460.jpg

post-5845-1288332478.jpg

post-5845-1288332490.jpg

post-5845-1288332555.jpg

post-5845-1288332574.jpg

post-5845-1288332588.jpg

post-5845-1288332602.jpg

post-5845-1288332615.jpg

post-5845-1288332628.jpg

post-5845-1288332645.jpg

post-5845-1288332659.jpg

post-5845-1288332669.jpg

Edited by Sam G

Id sell as is, someone will buy it and throw on a new front 1/4 plus bumper. Throw on some seat covers and a dash mat and youve got a classic daily driver. I recon it would be a pity to part it, especially a manual coupe, though thats just my opinion.

Id sell as is, someone will buy it and throw on a new front 1/4 plus bumper. Throw on some seat covers and a dash mat and youve got a classic daily driver. I recon it would be a pity to part it, especially a manual coupe, though thats just my opinion.

I would definitely prefer to sell it off as is and dont expect to get what i could sell parts off seperately so lets get this ball rolling, any offers out there :D

I'll offer $500

?

I think he was wanting a little bit more than that but ill let him know and definitely keep your offer in mind, cheers. Wanting to sell in by end of week coz neither he or i have the space to store it so if nothing better comes it might just be yours :)

I think he was wanting a little bit more than that but ill let him know and definitely keep your offer in mind, cheers. Wanting to sell in by end of week coz neither he or i have the space to store it so if nothing better comes it might just be yours :)

if thats the case ill be looking at it for around that prices to pm me if nothing happens

pm you with offer

Here are some more pictures of the other parts it come with, are being stored in the boot just on grass for display. Have had a bit of interest in the car and therefore i have taken a few videos of the car walkarounds and such. Am uploading to youtube as we speak, will put up links when done. Note: they arent professionally done and were done in a bit of a rush, unedited and were taken with just me so driving shots arent the best haha, as i say inspection is best but these will be a good indication of the car for those out of town or would prefer some videos first. Links to come... :)

post-5845-1288510346.jpg

post-5845-1288510378.jpg

post-5845-1288510387.jpg

post-5845-1288510396.jpg

Edited by Sam G

Videos:

- Visual Walkaround

- Engine Vid

- Test Drive

- Exhaust

Another note: Just checked with my mate, is not using any oil or water but he said the sensors are faulty on the check control, thats why its showing coolant and oil to be checked.

Edited by Sam G

Dude!

That^^ was legendary amounts of footage!!!

100 points for in depth-ness haha

Dude!

That^^ was legendary amounts of footage!!!

100 points for in depth-ness haha

haha, i didn't think it was thaaaat long but whatever lol, its not till you hear yourself on film you realise how much of an idiot you sound like haha. i just thought especially for people like you who cant exactly just pop around to have a look at the car some footage would be nice, hope it helped :) Edited by Sam G

Just letting everyone know that im going to be free all day tomorrow and possibly all day wednesday aswell if anyone wants to come view/test drive. Car is in Royal Oak. Also am going to try and clean all the rubbish out and re-assemble interior pieces so you can see what it looks like with everything back together tomorrow if i get time. Has been a bit of interest so better be quick if you want to snap it up. Get me on PM or 021926299

Edited by Sam G

More Pics

post-5845-1288590798.jpg

post-5845-1288590817.jpg

post-5845-1288590832.jpg

post-5845-1288590839.jpg

post-5845-1288590844.jpg

In response to some people, no the bmw is not sold yet, still there for the taking :)