Sign in to follow this  
rxsumo

FS: 1993 E34 540i NZ New

Its time to upgrade our daily driver again, so our 540i is up for sale.

We'll offer it to fellow BMW fans before firing it out on TradeMe.

The car:

Calypso Red, Grey Leather interior.

around 265,000 kms

Has driver's side airbag, first aid kit, complete toolkit, correct course mat set, towbar.

15 inch standard E34 cross spoke wheels (including a spare with a nearly unused Uniroyal tyre)

Car has a Cobra alarm fitted, but its not that good, except for remote central locking.

It has 2 sets of keys with remotes, and one other spare key

The car is in pretty good overall condition in line with the cars age and mileage. The usual E34 issues have either been sorted, or this car hasnt had the issue.

Serviced as per the indicator lights by Page European.

Since owning the car, we have replaced the front control arms (usual E34 issue), and the bushes are 750i items.

The Engine PCV valve has been replaced, middle muffler has been replaced, along with the front shock absorbers.

Over the last 6 months we have replaced the air conditioning compressor (so yes, the air con does run cold), spark plugs, and the intake hose between AFM and the engine.

The known issues with the car:

There is a paint reaction spot on the roof (has been on the car since we brought it), its a round 50mm blemish, that looks to have been caused by a bottle or container of some sort.

Number plate light out warning comes on with the headlights....the lights are fine....could just be the tension on the bulb holder.

LHS rear door seal could be replaced...its shrunk, and likes to fall off if your passengers rub over it getting in and out

Cracked Fog light....it doesnt seem to leak, so I havent bothered to replace it.

I post some current photos up once I've washed the car.....Sandra took it through to Auckland over Labour Weekend, and I havent had time to clean it since.

This car has been our daily driver, and is only being replaced as we have brought a E39.

If you are interested drop me a PM

Edited by rxsumo