Sign in to follow this  
dr_sinist3r

Apline 8040 alarm

hey guys

just bought a bmw 525ia. have to say im loving the car.!! :D:D

but first issue to tackle will be the alarm. its got 1 in it right now alpine 8040 i thnk, ive got the remotes with me

they've got alpine 8440e writen on them. problem is the remotes seem to be alittle tempremental. they work sometimes and dont sometimes and they are alittle damaged

wondering if anyone has any of these remotes lying around for sale and would know how i can reprogram the alarm to work with the new remotes.

thanks

devy

I know the alarm - I fitted many of those when they came out in the early 90's. It was their first radar version alarm that had internal & external fields. A very good unit.

Unfortunately you cannot programme any other remote to them & I doubt very much that you will find an original remote for them either now. Best bet - pull apart & check/clean/check battery & see if you can resurect.

sweet. i will. as far as i can tell they work, batery a bit weak and the button gets stuck sometimes.

would you recommend keeping the alarm if i get the remotes working well?

Yep I would, as I said - they were a good alarm & very reliable. That said - I haven't seen one in years.

I have an 8046 (slighty later - mid 90's unit but non radar in our E12) - have never had an issue with it - even a false trigger.

Couple of things though:

- It won't meet current standards requirements (probably not applicable to you)

- ANY alarm is only as good as the install

yeah i know wht u mean. sweet im gona leave it in for now.

thanks for your help!.

I'm pretty sure I have at least one remote if you want it. No idea on how to reprogram though.