Sign in to follow this  
twisted

Bitten by the Bimmer bug again...

Reading up on those, they quote 40lb as stock weight and 13lb as their alloy version. Quite a saving if that is the case!

$798 USD though, usual rate for light weight flywheels right?

yup about normal .

also the dual mass orginals crap out any way

my 544i spins up real quick

Sucks to hear that!

The hard part is sourcing the stuff! I was quite lucky and sourced it all from the same person basically.

2.93 = about 1900rpm

3.46 = about 2450rpm

in 6th at 100kph. She cruises much better at 50 now in 6th...didn't like it with the 2.93, and I feel this has helped me around town.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have down the line.

Cheers,

Ian

Sucks to hear that!

The hard part is sourcing the stuff! I was quite lucky and sourced it all from the same person basically.

2.93 = about 1900rpm

3.46 = about 2450rpm

in 6th at 100kph. She cruises much better at 50 now in 6th...didn't like it with the 2.93, and I feel this has helped me around town.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have down the line.

Cheers,

Ian

Yeah, part of me quietly thinks its a good thing, as it will force my A in to G.

3.46 looks like it would be the go, how useable are 1st and 2nd with that setup?

Depends if you like traction or not haha.

First is pretty short. Second is fine. To start off in second from a standstill you have to slip clutch a bit, so I just use first.

A lot of people recommend 3.15, but I was after a bit more pickup (and a forum sponsor happened to have one sitting around)

even my 535 first gear is too low for the power and tourque you have,BUT you need the low first gear for "traffic",ie idling along in first with all the corrollas etc.A higher first would be better overall but it would be a major pain(ie lots and lots and lots) of clutch slip in traffic

Hi All,

I thought i was done with Bimmers and in particular E34's when i sold my last one, However it seems the bug has bitten again and i'm back.

Picked this up today, some of you may be familiar with it as it was owned by a member a few months ago. Since then its had a new engine and number of other things replaced - though its very tidy, it is still not quite where i want it to be.

First things first, there's some new feet and shoes coming on a truck ;)

post-2922-1288600705.jpg

Will take some proper photos after i've put the new rims on and given it a proper groom.

Edit:

Gave it a bit of a clean this morning and took some snaps on the driveway:

post-2922-1290288901.jpg

post-2922-1290288934.jpg

post-2922-1290288950.jpg

post-2922-1290289006.jpg

I just bought this with 6 speed conversion. Very tight car, well looked after.