Sign in to follow this  
gouba

What is my car doing?

I dropped my car off to the panel beaters the other day to get some work done on it. Part of this required the removal of the battery. The battery is well past its expiration date. No work required entry to the engine bay

Before it was dropped off the idle was stable at about 950 cold and 750 warmed up and now it sits at 1500 cold and 1250 warm (approximates). When I first got the car back it would idle cold at 2000 and 1750 when warm, after a decent drive it dropped down to the 1500/1250

The idle is stable and the car still drives well, but rides high.

My first guess at to what is happened is that the battery was removed and has been sitting there for 3 days slowly dying and now it cant hold a charge as well as before. Does that sound about right? Will a new battery solve my problem?

I dropped my car off to the panel beaters the other day to get some work done on it. Part of this required the removal of the battery. The battery is well past its expiration date. No work required entry to the engine bay

Before it was dropped off the idle was stable at about 950 cold and 750 warmed up and now it sits at 1500 cold and 1250 warm (approximates). When I first got the car back it would idle cold at 2000 and 1750 when warm, after a decent drive it dropped down to the 1500/1250

The idle is stable and the car still drives well, but rides high.

My first guess at to what is happened is that the battery was removed and has been sitting there for 3 days slowly dying and now it cant hold a charge as well as before. Does that sound about right? Will a new battery solve my problem?

leave it for a bit,it may settle down again.I had a period where my 535 would not idle at all after the battery was removed.After about half an hour of driving it suddenly came right