Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Taupo Track - Pics + Vids

Guest Andrew

Well all in all a decent weekend - I was among the people who thought the theory went on too long, but after talking to Steve about what he was trying to achieve - it was clear that wasn't the right sort of day to do it in - all in all some good exercises though and some good fun.

Day had a few events - gus was a bit of a boyracer and was doing burnouts etc etc all good fun. Gus and I won little toy cars for our boy racer efforts.

An E39 M5 shat itself in a most spectacular way - this ended the track day as there was like 5 litres of oil on turn 1. A bottom end bearing shell was found on the track! Nothing like a 40 grand motor job.

Big thanks to all the instructors and Steve Donell - thanks to the BMWCC also.

The fast lapping was good fun.

Anyhow - some pics + vids are posted at the bottom.

1st pic - to prove you needed eyes to drive - Steven had me navigate through some cones with my eyes closed while my co-driver gus attempted to tell me where to go.

post-2-1112502954.jpg

Guest Andrew

the coolest thing I have ever heard + there was a lambo contach replica there also.. sounded insane.

post-2-1112503130.jpg

Guest Andrew

the majority of the cars there (10 or so on the tack at the time) .. the lambo is right at the back blocked by that guy standing up

post-2-1112503241.jpg

Guest Andrew

the drinking is already well underway by the time we reach the prize giving. Grant wouldn't stop saying penis and we all cracked up for ages - g-uni also appoligises for signing the guest boot at the yatch club hah.

post-2-1112503267.jpg

Guest Andrew

Gus and I racing our won badass toy cars - mine won , gus got frustrated and in an attempt to beat me through his at the wall.

post-2-1112503311.jpg

6th shot down is mint ... looks like you guys had a great time. Damn how i wish i had been there.

Guest Andrew

Alright - Video Time - Please RIGHT CLICK -> SAVE AS

Gus and I being dumb round the hairpin. HERE

Gus' massive burnout while waiting do to a braking exercise haha (get this video its classic) HERE

Me lauching toward an exercise (car sounds like m3 its badass) HERE

After a few beers the obligitory bimmersport meet nude run by gus (safe to download only shows ass really and is pretty funny) HERE

Gus snapped singing Rick James sh*t on the way down hah. HERE

If somehow the guy standing in the video of gus' burnout with a camera reads this - can we get a look at your video also? Cheers.

Was good to meet Ian (hartge) (we didn't stay too much longer at that bar Ian - Grant and I were passing out) and Paul (kiwi535).

Guest Andrew

Gus and I racing our won badass toy cars - mine won , gus got frustrated and in an attempt to beat me through his at the wall.

I just noticed that everyone it looking at us - i guess it must have looked retarded hah.

Alright - Video Time - Please RIGHT CLICK -> SAVE AS

Gus and I being dumb round the hairpin. HERE

Gus' massive burnout while waiting do to a braking exercise haha (get this video its classic) HERE

Me lauching toward an exercise (car sounds like m3 its badass) HERE

After a few beers the obligitory bimmersport meet nude run by gus (safe to download only shows ass really and is pretty funny) HERE

Gus snapped singing Rick James sh*t on the way down hah. HERE

If somehow the guy standing in the video of gus' burnout with a camera reads this - can we get a look at your video also? Cheers.

Was good to meet Ian (hartge) (we didn't stay too much longer at that bar Ian - Grant and I were passing out) and Paul (kiwi535).

you so see cock!!

gus the herald island was better

Aghhhh my head!!!!

I'm far too old for such post-driving activities.

Yes, the morning was a tad boring (but good for first timers), but the day got better as it went on.

I have just woken up for my nap and am starting to almost feel human again.

Cheers

pimpin

twas good weekend.....the driver training was a bit of a let down, as the actual drive

training was way too long and the lapping was cut short by the poor bastard who broke

his m5....never got a decent lap in! but was cool anyway.....going with grant on the

post driving festivites aftermath

i love nude. i love burnouts

and yeah if that guy with the e28 M535 taking the vid reads this..would love to see the

video...cant remember ya name!

If somehow the guy standing in the video of gus' burnout with a camera reads this - can we get a look at your video also?

Andrew, the guy with the video camera is Ian (can't remember his last name). He has the red E28 535i.

I think that Brent knows him, Brent - maybe you can hold of the footage?

Cheers

good to see you guys had a gr8 time.

grant, you must be a seasoned drinker and you must hardrn up. life is short and so is your hair!!!

i would have managed to do something stupid if i was there.

:lol::lol::lol: You mischief bugger! Thats quite a styley burnout man - should have hooked a doughie and then lurked off up the track going sideways!!!

looks like an awsum time, if i had some decent tyres/brakes i wouldve been there, ah well, next time.

prolly wouldve been the 2nd nude bimmersporter too.... :lol:

tis the fun.

You're a star Gus! Wish I had an LSD. I've got a set of tires which need vapourising.

Tim, are you in Tauranga this week? I should be staying around Te Puke, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Cheers.

was good meeting you Auckland Guys,and also talking with Brent again and Cain.some damn nice cars there too,like the macau BlueE34 M5 in the background,Iwas following that around in the morning exercises sounded sooooo good.

Posted Image

must have been cold down there, aye? :puke:

nope, its that small normally

I was among the people who thought the theory went on too long, but after talking to Steve about what he was trying to achieve - it was clear that wasn't the right sort of day to do it in - all in all some good exercises though and some good fun.

Where is the middle ground Andrew?It was supposed to be a driver training day wasnt it?What were you expecting,how/what would you have done differently?I knew exactly what to expect,it seems to me that you guys were expecting something completely different???.dont get me wrong I know what you are saying I just cant quite put into words what i am trying to say!!!

Where is the middle ground Andrew?It was supposed to be a driver training day wasnt it?What were you expecting,how/what would you have done differently?I knew exactly what to expect,it seems to me that you guys were expecting something completely different???.dont get me wrong I know what you are saying I just cant quite put into words what i am trying to say!!!

I'm about to leave for a meeting, but I will provide my take on the day later, as I for one thought that the theory went on for too long, and that it was far too classroom based and not pracitcal enough.

I also have ways of improving this too, while still maintaining the Driver Training aspect of the day. I'll explain my thoughts fully later

Cheers