Sign in to follow this  
matt45

My New E39!

You could go HID if you want whiter lights, its the only way to get really nice white.

Yea i cant really justify the cost of retrofiting xenon lamps. I think ill give those bulbs you mentioned ago i just want it less yellow/orange.

I always thought all FL E39's were Xenon equipped? or at least HID retrofit was an option...

But yeah give those bulbs from Repco a whirl and see what you think. It should eliminate the yellowness from your lights anyway..

HID vs. Halogen, you know you want to..... :lol:

post-29-1290027980.jpg

I always thought all FL E39's were Xenon equipped? or at least HID retrofit was an option...

But yeah give those bulbs from Repco a whirl and see what you think. It should eliminate the yellowness from your lights anyway..

HID vs. Halogen, you know you want to..... :lol:

I think it was just optional, is mine actually facelift tho? i thought the black strips were painted and the mirrors were round on the facelift?

If i could drop HID's into the existing housing then that would be great (i duno how legal that is tho) seems to have the same sort of round lense as the xenon ones.

Yours is facelift. On the motorsports they sometimes kept the black trim on the doors and bumper. On normal spec facelift E39's the rubbing strips are painted body colour. Only M5 got the rounded mirrors.

Yeah if your headlights are not set up for Xenon then it might prove difficult come WOF time. But I always assumed that if you have that kind of lense then the use of HID would be okay.

Mine are set up for HID but I dont see how they are any different to any other headlight unit with the same lense on it. I thought they might dazzle other drivers but Ive seen my car driving at night by a family member and they wernt blinding and annoying like most HID are known to be

Who knows, maybe a bit of research is in order and besides HID kits can be sourced cheap enough to try it out or the Narva bulbs from Repco should do the trick..

Hi Matt as reguards the headlights I have changed mine over to Xenon but not a cheap exersice. From the research I found the lense set up is different from the halogen one's but a far better quality light. The headlights on a facelift model can be opened up so it's not a big a deal have done it a number of times. Try the search button I know this topic has been raised before. Also their are some nice M5 copy type mirrors around if you wished to change them.

Cheers Allan.

Hi Matt as reguards the headlights I have changed mine over to Xenon but not a cheap exersice. From the research I found the lense set up is different from the halogen one's but a far better quality light. The headlights on a facelift model can be opened up so it's not a big a deal have done it a number of times. Try the search button I know this topic has been raised before. Also their are some nice M5 copy type mirrors around if you wished to change them.

Cheers Allan.

post-1581-1290056291.jpg

post-1581-1290056351.jpg

post-1581-1290056739.jpg