Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Mobile Speedcameras

Aren't some councils giving out tickets to illegally parked speed camera vans? Here in Dunedin, I was following a late model Hyundai heading south on the Dunedin>Mosgiel motorway when the van infront jammed on his anchors to a near complete stop (in the lane) to get in behind the sign and park up, I then noticed the bastard was a speed camera so on with the horn it was and he got the "birds" out the window too. The guy didn't even pay attention, no indicator, nice. I thought it was illegal to stop for no reason on a motorway so why are they getting away with it?

Coincidentally, I was doing above 100kph and he was infront of me, well above 100kph. What kind of message is that sending?

Edited by The Diesel Guy

That the only kind of bad driving is speeding.

I wish they had idiot cameras.

Dead right. My eyes must be idiot cameras in that case ha.

I wish they had idiot cameras.

As the old saying goes, Treat everyone else on the road like an idiot. There will be a few tickets issued then :P

I drove past that speed camera, parked on the Fairfield onramp from the motorway, I also though, the hell is that doing there

Obviously a speed camera and I would consider more of a danger being parked in that location than people doing 120k up that stretch of road.