Sign in to follow this  
paulo

E39 540i Motorsport wanted

Hi, I'm after an e39 540i motorsport in the $7,000 to $12,000 price range. Not too worried by high kms or repairs requred. Anything considered, but must have the sports seats, m-sport steering wheel, and motorsport suspension

Where are you ?

My brother has one for sale in Timaru

I'm in Christchurch. Is your brother's one listed on Trade Me? If so, Ive probably seen it. If not, what's the condition, Kms, options and price please?

Guest Simon*

Purple FTW!

I quite want that - new wheels and it'd make a nice second V8 for rainy days :)

Get a 530i, been using a 540i and Im not joking it drinks more than the X5. I have no figures but a full tank hardly lasts a week. And with fuel going up, I think the 530i is better at the moment. In April right, there were 2-3 jeep SRT8's on TradeMe, but now theres heaps of them, because fuel is just rocketing =)

Get a 530i =D

Edited by Gotheschu

Get a 530i, been using a 540i and Im not joking it drinks more than the X5. I have no figures but a full tank hardly lasts a week. And with fuel going up, I think the 530i is better at the moment. In April right, there were 2-3 jeep SRT8's on TradeMe, but now theres heaps of them, because fuel is just rocketing =)

Get a 530i =D

shouldn't have said that jack ... coulda sold the courtesy car :P

Seriously tho go and drive at least 1 530 just so you can see what its like and if you still want the 540 then go for it.

shouldn't have said that jack ... coulda sold the courtesy car :P

Seriously tho go and drive at least 1 530 just so you can see what its like and if you still want the 540 then go for it.

or get Matt to take you for a blat in his one =)

I find my 540i fine to run, never cost me more than $100 to run per week... usually about $80.. cant expect brilliance from a big heavy car with a 4.4 V8 in it

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-326004576.htm

This one, I think.

I think it's just got the M-Sport bodykit.

Nice car none-theless, and a steal at that price & k's

Yes, this is the one

I can tell you the the AC Schnitzer exhaust sounds really nice without being too 'bogan' :lol:

Yes, this is the one

I can tell you the the AC Schnitzer exhaust sounds really nice without being too 'bogan' :lol:

Yes, I remember seeing this one for sale in ChCh a couple of years ago. Good colour, and bodykit, but I really want one with the sport suspension, seats and steering wheel.

I have driven a good example of a 530i Motorsport, and it was fantastic. I know they are more sensible choice due to more efficiency and balance / steering / handling, but i'm a sucker for the power and sound of a German V8. I only cover about 100kms a week, so the fuel economy is not really a problem for me!

Get a 530i =D

its arguably the better car, but its not a v8 and therefore not as cool