Sign in to follow this  
1N STYL

Auto gear knob swap

having never owned a Auto before, could some1 tell me if its possible to change the gear knob, and how easy/hard it is

having never owned a Auto before, could some1 tell me if its possible to change the gear knob, and how easy/hard it is

IN the E36 yes you can change the gear knob .. but it's not worth it .. i enquired about it when i had the E36 and they said i needed the converter thingy .. and blah blah .. all in all it would come up to nearly $400 just to change the gear knob to the wood grain one ..

Been there done that, i cant remember how much it was but the new knob was about $150 and the converter was about another $150....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not to mention that it was a pain in the ass to switch over....

To be honest i think that you can change it with the old shaft still there but i cant confirm that?? :wacko:

Edited by ali

I got it from the dealer, if you havent got a catalogue let me know and ill sort you out a some pics of the ones you can get... ACS also do one but the price would scary most people.

When i asked you couildn't keep the old shaft ... and had to get the converter ... that the style that i was going to get but wood grain style ...

You were not getting wood grain :( bro please tell me you dont have wood grain trim !!!

HAH ... that was for my E36 .. but it was too costly just for a gear knob change ... and yes i was thinking a wood grain knob .. hah..

But i have full black interior now ... in the E46 ..