Sign in to follow this  
matt45

GroupBuy: E39 Dynavin

So i got a price from Prestige Audio $1300+gst .. BUGGER THAT $1500 i dont think so buddy.

Can get them from the US Distributor for 700USD + 90USD Shipping so 900NZD + shipping. He has the E39 units on hand and ready to ship.

Anyone out there wanting to do a group buy to lessen the shipping cost per person? if we got 3+ people maybe we could get a discount on the units.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Matt45

Have you seen any installation instructions yet for the E39?

Be aware you may be stung 15% gst when landed on top of the US price.

Unfortunately the E39 unit is so fugly...

Multiple units per shipment means 50% discount to to the cost of shipping the additional unit.

1 Units = $90USD (116NZD), 2 Units = 135USD / 67USD Per person (87NZD)

Ordering Multiple units in the same shipment means a $25USD ($32NZD) discount per unit.

So... in short if a single unit shipped will be around $742 USD = $963 NZD

Please let me know ASAP people if you are interested i am keen to get one!

Have you seen any installation instructions yet for the E39?

Be aware you may be stung 15% gst when landed on top of the US price.

Unfortunately the E39 unit is so fugly...

I haven't seen the official instructions no but have looked at some international install threads and it appears to be as easy has pulling the factory stereo out and slotting this one in (plug and play) assuming there is no DSP/factory nav etc. MSpec has the E46 version is his car with no issues.

I'm praying that they let it slip through if its only 1 or 2 units. as i recall Mspec got his through ok but yes buyers should be aware of that possible issue.

Fugly is a strong word :P its not better looking than the factory nav i will admit but it beats putting a standard dinn in there.

So $1107 inc gst. Unless you have the sender state the items contained are $400NZD or less combined.

Very little chance of that happening.

BTW. If the sender does modify the invoice to state you paid no more than $400NZD. You will only be insured for that amount if there is any damage or if it goes missing.

It is best to plan for the worst.

So $1107 inc gst. Unless you have the sender state the items contained are $400NZD or less combined.

Very little chance of that happening.

BTW. If the sender does modify the invoice to state you paid no more than $400NZD. You will only be insured for that amount if there is any damage or if it goes missing.

It is best to plan for the worst.

Yea Insurance would be nice on such and expensive package.

Basically were looking at an extra $150 NZD for GST if they ask for it.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I reacon that unit is fugly - looks vey cheap in a car of this calibre

I'm waiting for a revised edition of this or another better looking one to come up..theres another brand that has them, chinese brand I think..they looked slightly better but dont know about quality

It just looks like a cheap after thought..oh here we are! we have all this awesome stuff! hmm...go get a generic face plate and whack the price tag on

Id say given it is a aftermarket head unit that can do all the things most people these days want when buying a brand new car. Its ability to simply be plugged into the existing car without any modifications for a resonable price I'd say this unit is absoulutley excellent. It looks OEM enough and its much better than the standard radio or the 4:3 Nav screen type found in earlier E39's.

I'd deffinatly be keen to pick one of these up but I wont be doing so until after New Years and Im back in uni and paid for all my text books etc haha

I can get them from reseller for $950NZD each including shipping.

Edited by Renming

I can get them from reseller for $950NZD each including shipping.

Hey Renming,

How you doing? Hey can you still get one of these units? I need one for my e46 M3...Give me a call mate. 021 400 611

Also can you install?

Thanks Emad