Sign in to follow this  
Linden

Twin projectors on E30

Hey guys im thinking of trying to convert my highbeams to the projector type also, seems i have to cut up the headlight frame to do so though, has anyone seen this done before?

Just beaware that projector beam pattern and scatter is only designed to diffuse and short range unlike the reflector type which focuses a lot further away. Also the projector side walk mask will make it so you have no light in the top part of your beam.

Night time driving on open road will be affected. Im also not sure if a warrent officer will pick it up on a light alignment board.

Anyways .. it should work easy enough ... I will look tonight on the spare projectors hosuings I have at home.

Some photos.

Posted Image

You can see inside the projector housing the metal mask which will stop the top half of the light ... the phot was taken the right way up, the project glass vertically inverse the light image upside down so the top half of the light is cut off.

You could probably modify this by cutting out the mask to help operate as a high beam better.

Posted Image

This is the inner part of the lens housing in which the projector globe sits behind.

Posted Image

This is a pretty munted housing for each light. However you can see the right hand side is different to the left hand side, you would have to rotate upside down the 'low beam' head light into the high beam housing to make it fit.

but it does look possible.

Hope that helps.

I was thinking of cutting some housings in half, and joining them, a left and a right part looks like it would bolt up i have 3 housings sitting there but need a 4th,

I havnt seen this done before so hopefully the light throw is sufficient with the cutoff plate removed, just took one apart aswell didnt realise it would only take 30 secs to do lol..

Just beaware that projector beam pattern and scatter is only designed to diffuse and short range unlike the reflector type which focuses a lot further away. Also the projector side walk mask will make it so you have no light in the top part of your beam.

Night time driving on open road will be affected. Im also not sure if a warrent officer will pick it up on a light alignment board.

Anyways .. it should work easy enough ... I will look tonight on the spare projectors hosuings I have at home.

so would this still be the same if i just brought new angel eye projector headlights + HID Kit. I've installed them and i'm not getting the light i want or expected!? its only shining just near the front of the car. help?

so would this still be the same if i just brought new angel eye projector headlights + HID Kit. I've installed them and i'm not getting the light i want or expected!? its only shining just near the front of the car. help?

They should only have a projector for the low beam

Also HID bulbs are longer than normal Halogens, so it is possible because they're retrofitted it's no longer focused correctly.

They should only have a projector for the low beam

Also HID bulbs are longer than normal Halogens, so it is possible because they're retrofitted it's no longer focused correctly.

Yes they are, but these headlights should support HIDs so shouldn't it be normal? maybe i need to adjust the headlights? 1 my headlight adjuster screw thing wasn't in properly. its kinda popd out of its place, but i cable tied it lol. Ohwell at least it looks sexual from the outside and improved the visibility on the road abit..maybe shoulda got a sparky to do it?