Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

The Interislander

Have you pulled the fuel line off under the fpr to see if fuel is actually making its way to the motor? Have you tinkered with the plug under the intake manifold (the big one that screws onto the bracket the holds the heater hoses?)

edit: actually read it properly and its not a fuel issue,

Edited by Matty104

Anyone know if the main DME relay or the plug it plugs into crapping out would stop the ignition coil getting power?

Edit: it shouldn't supposedly only puts power to the ECU and the fuel system.

And cheers Matt ;)

Edited by Brams

Okay so thanks to google, I found out the black box that sits on top of the ECU if you have a OBC is important! its the OBC relay box, that switches the power from the ignition coil to the c101 plug then onto the main green wire at the coil, so now have 12v at the coil.

Progress is progress, still won't start though.

Need to double check fuel lines are around the right way, also the two black motronic connectors (crank sensor and speed sensor?) under the diagnostic plug, anyone know a way to confirm which way around they are supposed to be, the plugs are identical and go into the same rubber sleeve, so no way to know for sure?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Just swap them over, if you have spark. \Fuel is in at the rear end of the rail ( direct from the filter ) i think, out from front to tank return.

^ Thanks Ian for your help again.

Well I got it to start, but it is backfiring constantly, so I think I have either got a timing issue, a ignition issue or stale fuel maybe? It has been in there since January.

Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon so can finally get a cage sorted.

Fixed.

Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated.

not a problem nathan!

glad we all could help! loloz

Massive thanks to Flake for all his help getting it to where it is so far.

Some update pics, first time car has moved in 5-6 months since manual conversion and engine refresh.

Getting there, just finished my degree at university so that has been taking up all my spare time along with running training, hence slower than expected progress.

Next up is the interior tidy and then should be off to get a cage then paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Why do you need to tidy the interior? Looks fine to me! :P

^ Haha all fixed now.

As mentioned in other thread I am on the hunt for a bonnet, bootlid and front guards in royal blue if anyone has any? Trying to avoid having to pay to get the current ones resprayed, if we can replace them all only the roof will need to be painted, saving a fair amount of money, so if anyone has any, get in touch. Ta